Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Tuesday:
1. WHO'S RACING TO FORGE DEAL TO AVERT DEFAULT
Reid and McConnell, longtime Senate antagonists, are discussing plans to raise the debt limit until mid-February and halt the two-week-old government shutdown.
2. 'DOOMSDAY IS NIGH, AND EVERYONE SHRUGS'
That's how one financial expert sums up the indifference of investors and companies as the default deadline nears.
3. WHERE LIBYAN AL-QAIDA SUSPECT HAS LANDED
Abu Anas al-Libi, grabbed by the U.S. military in Libya earlier this month, arrives in New York to be tried on terrorism charges.
4. IRANIANS PLEDGE NEW OFFER ON NUCLEAR PROGRAM
Officials from President Rouhani on down say Iran is ready to meet some international demands to reduce its nuclear activities.
5. SYRIAN GUNMEN RELEASE 4 AID WORKERS
But the fate of three other Red Cross workers kidnapped in rebel-held territory remains unclear.
6. AT LONG LAST, SOME SATISFACTION IN 'BABY HOPE' CASE
For NYPD officers who worked on the case, discovering the child's name after more than 20 years affords a measure of relief.
7. AFTER BOSTON BOMBING, SHE CROSSES LINE FROM VICTIM TO SURVIVOR
The AP follows Mery Daniel as she overcomes the loss of her leg in the marathon blast and regains the ability to walk.
8. HUNTER, 72, FOUND AFTER TWO WEEKS IN NORTHERN CALIF. FOREST
His family says he survived by eating game he shot and by packing leaves and grasses around his body to stay warm.
9. NASHVILLE'S CHART-TOPPING RESTAURANT SCENE
Turns out tunes aren't all that's catching on in Music City. Lately the city has seen a rush of top-notch chefs and restaurateurs, too.
10. HOW BASEBALL TEAMS ARE TIED TO THE PAST
The logos adorning the uniforms of the four remaining MLB playoff teams date back decades.
Author Of Original Patriot Act: No, The Law Was Never Intended to Collect Data On All Americans | Katie Pavlich
Hollywood Actor Vince Vaughn: We Have The Right to Bear Arms to Resist Corrupt and Abusive Government | Katie Pavlich
Accountability? Acting TSA Head Reassigned After Agency Misses 96 Percent of Attacks During Test | Katie Pavlich
CBS' Bob Schieffer: Yeah, The Media Probably Didn't Ask Enough Questions About Barack Obama | Katie Pavlich