Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. UNCERTAIN CHAOS IN EGYPT
The streets were eerily quiet and a state of emergency imposed after more than 500 people were killed in the breakup of protesters' sit-ins.
2. WORLDWIDE CONDEMNATION OF CRACKDOWN
The U.S. decried the "path toward violence" and Turkey's prime minister called for the UN Security Council to meet.
3. COURT PAPERS SAY FAMILY FRIEND TORTURED MOTHER, BOY
The search warrants also said that James DiMaggio and abducted teen Hannah Anderson exchanged more than a dozen phone calls before Anderson's family was found killed.
4. ISRAELIS, PALESTINIANS MEET BEHIND CLOSED DOORS
The two sides agreed to meet weekly, alternating between Jerusalem and the West Bank, in the first major peace talks in five years.
5. HOW TERRORISTS ARE CLOAKING COMMUNICATIONS
Jihadist technology may now be so sophisticated, experts say, that messages aren't being detected even by NSA programs designed to uncover terror plots.
6. MANNING WITNESSES DESCRIBE TROUBLED HISTORY AT SENTENCING
A psychologist said the Army private who leaked classified secrets was pressured by a "hyper-masculine" military.
7. WHY RESIDENTS FEARED UPS CRASH
They say planes trying to land in Birmingham, Ala., often fly so low to their houses they nearly clip the treetops.
8. JESSE JACKSON JR. SENTENCED TO 2½ YEARS IN PRISON
The civil rights leader's son expresses regret in court for spending $750,000 in campaign funds on things like Rolex watches and appliances.
9. EX-WIFE SAYS MICHAEL JACKSON FEARED PAIN
Debbie Rowe broke down while testifying in a civil suit accusing the singer's promoter of ignoring warning signs before his overdose death.
10. WHY IT MAY BE LIGHTS OUT FOR THE DRIVE-IN
The 350 or so theaters left in the country will have to invest in digital projection equipment or close, since studios began phasing out 35 mm prints.
What? The White House just said something epically stupid ... and disturbing
Father of Oregon Shooting Victim: We Will Not Be Attending Obama's Self Centered Gun Control Visit
Surprise! Whole milk may be good for you after all
Ted Cruz finds a question that the Sierra Club DARED not answer. | RedState
The Problem Isn't Guns Or White Men | Human Events
- Vladimir Putin’s Russia Adopts Concealed Carry