1. MORE THAN 650,000 LOST POWER IN NEW ENGLAND
Even the Pilgrim Nuclear Power Plant in Plymouth, Mass., had to shut down and turn to backup generators.
2. GUSTS HIT 82 MPH, BUT OUTAGES COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE
With leaves gone, damage to power lines from falling branches was less than it might have been.
3. AT LEAST SEVEN PEOPLE HAVE DIED
The deaths include three in Canada and an 11-year-old boy who died in Boston of carbon monoxide in a running car as his father tried to shovel it free.
4. MORE THAN 3 FEET OF SNOW FELL IN CONNECTICUT
Maine and Long Island recorded 30-plus inches, with Massachusetts and New Hampshire not far behind.
5. IT WAS ALL TOO MUCH FOR THE POSTAL SERVICE
"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers..." was canceled when New England delivery was halted.
6. AIR TRAVEL IS COMING BACK
Flights started landing at JFK Saturday morning, and Boston's Logan hopes to open partially by 11 p.m.
7. WHERE SNOWMOBILES BECAME RESCUE VEHICLES
Despite warnings and highway closings, hundreds of drivers were stranded on Long Island.
8. HOW SANDY VICTIMS WERE HIT AGAIN
Staten Islanders without power had only a tent shelter and tarps for protection.
9. NBA ROAD TRIPS WERE EXTENDED
The Knicks were stuck in Minnesota, the Spurs hunkered down in Detroit and the Brooklyn Nets took the train home from Washington.
10. YES, MICHAEL KORS WORE UGGS TO FASHION WEEK
"I came in looking like Pam Anderson," the designer joked after trading up for black leather boots in New York.
Breaking: Kevin McCarthy takes himself out of Speaker race; Update: McCarthy backs Ryan
Paging Mitt Romney: Kremlin 'openly mocking the White House' by releasing secretly taped meeting - twitchy.com
Debunking The "Declining Number Of Gun Owners" Lie - Bearing Arms - Gun Ownership, gun sales
Ann Coulter - The Problem Isn't Guns Or White Men
- Vladimir Putin’s Russia Adopts Concealed Carry
The Renee Ellmers Rumor and Kevin McCarthy's Decision | RedState
The Problem Isn't Guns Or White Men | Human Events