HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — A Connecticut attorney seeking to sue the state for $100 million on behalf of a 6-year-old survivor of the Newtown school massacre has withdrawn the claim — at least for now.
The Stamford Advocate reports (http://bit.ly/U4Jfni ) that Irving Pinsky withdrew the lawsuit but says he might refile. He says he received new evidence on security at Sandy Hook Elementary School and is reviewing it.
Pinsky last week asked to sue the state, saying his client suffered "emotional and psychological trauma and injury" during the shooting rampage that killed 20 children and six adults. He says state officials failed to prevent his client from foreseeable harm.
The state attorney general said Monday there appears to be no basis to support the suit or the state's liability.
Information from: The Advocate, http://www.stamfordadvocate.com
Hey, The Supreme Court Might Decide On ‘Assault Weapons’ After All
Watch This Fast Food Worker Explain Why She Deserves to Be Paid More Than Paramedics
Hickok45 Has Huge Hands! Or Maybe Something Else Is Going On...
Flint’s Water Poisoned by Federal, State and Local Government Failures
ICYMI: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog ends campus political correctness as we know it
George Soros: Top 10 Reasons He Is Dangerous | Human Events
Ridiculously Hilarious: MSNBC's Mitchell Gets Bad Case of the Vapors Over Cruz Ad Mocking Hillary | RedState