(Reuters) - A Florida man choked to death after eating dozens of roaches and worms last month to win a contest featuring a python as the top prize, according to autopsy results released on Monday.
The Broward County Medical Examiner's Office ruled that 32-year-old Edward Archbold's October 6 death to be accidental and said he died after being deprived of oxygen "due to choking and aspiration of gastric contents."
Lab tests were negative for lethal intoxicating substances and a severe allergic reaction, the medical examiner said.
Archbold collapsed soon after beating out several other contestants who competed for a python in a roach-eating contest at the Ben Siegel Reptile Store in Deerfield Beach, Florida.
No other contestants experienced medical problems following the event, police said.
(Reporting by Colleen Jenkins; Editing by Eric Beech)
Hillary's New Campaign Strategy: Trolling | RedState
How Many Watermelons Will It Take To Stop A .500 Magnum? - Bearing Arms - .500 S&W Magnum, Video
Sheriff’s deputy executed in Texas Update: Suspect in custody. Strike that. Suspect NOT in custody. - Hot Air
John Hawkins - If Trump's Campaign Collapses, It'll Be For One Of These 6 Reasons
'Constant projection': Debbie Wasserman Schultz gets reality-checks after noting GOP's 'rough week'
Small But Honest Columnist Again Forced to Correct Highest-Rated Show on Cable TV | Human Events
Political Calculations - Summer 2014: Who Really Owns the U.S. National Debt?