A man says he reached down to pick up a stick lying in the gardening aisle of a Wal-Mart in eastern Washington state, only to discover that it was a rattlesnake that then bit his hand.
Mica Craig says he was shopping in the outdoor garden department of a Clarkston store when he was bitten Saturday. The 47-year-old man says it latched onto his hand and that he screamed, shook loose the snake and stomped it to death.
The Lewiston Tribune (http://bit.ly/J4pfe5 ) in Idaho reports a bystander drove Craig to an emergency room in nearby Lewiston. Craig says he was treated with six bags of anti-venom and was told that his hand could be permanently disfigured.
He says doctors expect him to remain hospitalized until Tuesday.
Information from: Lewiston Tribune, http://www.lmtribune.com
New Obama Executive Action Plan on Amnesty: Bring Kids to U.S. Directly From Central America | Katie Pavlich
TMZ "Reporters" Call Sarah Palin a "Bad Mom" and "Dumb" After Receiving Speeding Ticket | Cortney O'Brien
Exclusive Photos: Drug Mules Easily Smuggle Narcotics Into U.S. as Border Patrol Remains Overwhelmed | Katie Pavlich