The Pulaski County coroner says a family of five found dead in central Arkansas duplex all died accidentally from smoke and soot inhalation.
County Coroner Gerone Hobbs said Friday that it is not clear when the mother and her four children died. They were found Thursday around 7 a.m. at the Jacksonville apartment.
Phil Nix, the executive director of the Jacksonville Housing Authority says a maintenance worker discovered the bodies and that there was extensive smoke damage in the kitchen.
Authorities say a smoke alarm is being tested as part of the investigation. They say smoke detectors in the duplexes do not send signals directly to the fire department and that the detectors do not require regular battery replacement because they are hard-wired into the complex.
- What Is Your U.S. Income Percentile Ranking?
Exposed: Obama’s Love for Jihadis and Hate for Christians | Human Events
CNN reporter had tweet-on-request relationship with State?
Video: The shooting of Laquan McDonald
Where Is Liberal Rage Over Mass Shooting In New Orleans? | RedState
Obamacare Architect: Okay Fine, Our Law Isn't Controlling Costs
How Not To Be A Gun Owner - Bearing Arms - Crime, Texas, Training, Warning Shots