NEW YORK (Reuters) - One man died and 28 people were rushed to hospitals after suffering carbon monoxide poisoning at a mall on New York's Long Island Saturday evening, police said.
A 55-year-old man died of cardiac arrest as he was being taken by ambulance from Legal Sea Foods in a mall in Huntington, New York, said Julie Robinson-Tingue, a spokeswoman for Huntington Hospital.
At least three people taken to the hospital remained hospitalized in stable condition while at least six were treated and released, she said.
In all, 28 people were taken to hospitals, according to the Suffolk County Police Department.
Those sickened include four police officers and five ambulance employees, said Andrea Golinsky, spokeswoman for the Huntington Community First Aid Squad.
Two employees of Legal Sea Foods were in the basement of the building when they were overcome by carbon monoxide, she said.
(Reporting by Chris Michaud in New York and Carey Gillam and Kevin Murphy in Kansas City; Editing by Lisa Shumaker)
Wyo., ND Governors To EPA: Hey, We Need More Time On Clean Power Plan Regulations Because You Totally ‘Blindsided’ Us | Matt Vespa
House Democrats Will Try To Dissolve Select Committee On Benghazi Tonight UPDATE: Voted Down, Committee Remains | Matt Vespa
Thomas Sowell - Charlatans and Sheep
Rep. Louise Slaughter's amendment to abolish 'clearly politicized' Benghazi committee fails - twitchy.com
The truth about gun deaths: numbers and actual solutions
Why Conservatives Elected to Congress Turn Into Moderates | Human Events
- MSNBC’s Chris Hayes: The Problem is the Constitution
Ted Cruz finds a question that the Sierra Club DARED not answer. | RedState
The Survival Mindset - Bearing Arms - Jeff Cooper, Training, Video