An Australian judge has ordered KFC to pay 8 million Australian dollars ($8.3 million) to the family of a Sydney girl left brain damaged after eating one of the fast food giant's chicken wraps.
Monika Samaan's family sued KFC, claiming the then-7-year-old girl contracted salmonella poisoning from a KFC chicken wrap in 2005. Samaan was in a coma for months and left with brain damage.
New South Wales Supreme Court Justice Stephen Rothman ruled last week that KFC was responsible for the food poisoning. On Friday, he ordered KFC to pay AU$8 million damages plus legal costs.
KFC denied responsibility and said it would appeal.
Samaan's lawyer, George Vlahakis, said the family was relieved the court battle was over, but is upset about KFC's plans to appeal.
MSNBC noted for 'spectacular botching' of headline on Pope Francis and abortion
Duke Researcher Shows Cars are 80% Risker Than Guns - Bearing Arms -
The Situation With Kim Davis | RedState
Daniel J. Mitchell - Does Donald Trump Think Washington Politicians Should Have More of Our Money to Help America Become Greece?
How to Write a New York Times Op-Ed in Three Easy Steps | Human Events
Katie Pavlich - Exposing The Black Lives Matter Movement For What It Is: Promotion of Cop Killing
Megyn Kelly gets angry: Why don’t the left’s “civility” rules apply to Black Lives Matter protesters? - Hot Air