6. “The most terrifying words in the English language are, ‘I’m from the government and I’m here to help.’” -Ronald Reagan
5. ”Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” -P.J. O'Rourke
4. "The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin." -Mark Twain
3. ”If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free.” -P.J. O'Rourke
2. “Government’s view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.” -Ronald Reagan
The final one is from 430 BC, and it's for all of you who don't pay attention to what's happening in politics...
1. "Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!" -Pericles
Most prefer laughing to crying. After all, as one 1st grader wrote in his adapted proverb: "Laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and you have to blow your nose." Makes sense to me.
Giving the gift of laughter deserves a present in return. Write in some of your favorite humorous "position papers" worth sharing.
Iranian Exiles Have Suffered as We Have Ignored Tehran’s Expanding Influence in Iraq | Leo McCloskey