Ronald Reagan shared painful truths that made you laugh before you cried, "The nearest thing to eternal life we will ever see on this earth is a government program.” If change is to occur, we'll know Washington is serious about our economic future when:
1. They stop telling us they have a "balanced" 10-year plan when the tax increases are on the front end and the spending cuts come on the back end.
2. The Senate passes and President Obama signs into law HR 920--"The Baseline Reform Act." The bill would end automatic spending increases, institute zero-based budgeting which forces Washington to propose and pass a real budget every year, and end politicians claiming they are making "cuts" when they're only making a "decrease in the increase" their irresponsible budgeting sham.
3. They force the Fed to stop using fancy words like "quantitative easing" and admit that they're just printing more money that decreases the value of the dollar. Since 1960, the dollar has lost 80% of its value. Obama's policies aren't just taxing the rich, their destroying the value of every dollar YOU own.
4. They end America's current welfare dependency trap where, as Thomas Sowell rightly observes, "Someone who is trying to climb out of poverty...can easily reach a point where a $10,000 increase in pay can cost them $15,000 in lost benefits that they no longer qualify for."
5. They stop promising to pay off the loan debt students can't afford and start explaining how much more they will owe in the future for the unprecedented debt politicians are creating every day.
6. They actually make government smaller instead of continuing to add an average of 101 NEW employees every day!
It's "pay me now or pay me later." This "fiscal cliff" will come and go, but the "Fiscal chasm" will continue to grow until voters force politicians to make fundamental changes. It's time to take the blank check away from our politicians, but they won't do anything until we demand it!
Bombshell: Valerie Jarrett Helped Manage Fallout Over Eric Holder's Changing Fast and Furious Testimony to Congress | Katie Pavlich
White House: Ask DOJ About What's in The Fast and Furious Documents Covered By Obama's Executive Privilege | Katie Pavlich