Yesterday may have been a historic day for our nation, but I for one, am very glad it’s over…
Whether you’re a jackass or an elephant, whether you’re blue or red, whether you’re an “R” or a “D” – the bottom line is, it’s been a lengthy, bitter, bloody and dirty race to the end, and I’m glad we won’t be seeing all the smears on TV anymore.
As much as I would like to get away from it, being the day after, it’s all that’s being talked about by the media.
And while perusing the different news sites, looking for something interesting to tell you about, I came across something that left me amazed.
I came across a website, that if not for profanity in the name, I would give it to you, but it highlights Obama’s accomplishments so far since he’s been in office.
And each page goes over, what the author of the webpage obviously feels are, the incredible accomplishments of the president and his administration, there was one glaring aspect that this person (or persons) seemed not to grasp…
Out of the 25 or so points brought up, I would say 95% of them involved spending, or rather, what many would call overspending or expanding an already out of control federal government.
What do I mean?
Well, let me give you some examples:
• Significantly increased funding for the Violence Against Women Act (spending, expanding gvt.)
• Health Care Reform Bill, allowing children to remain covered by their parents' insurance until the age of 26 (spending, expanding gvt.)
• Increased funding for national parks and forests by 10% (spending.)
• Expansion of Medicaid to all individuals under age 65 with incomes up to 133 percent of the federal poverty level (spending.)
• Significantly expanded Pell grants, which help low-income students pay for college (spending, expanding gvt.)
• Signed financial reform law establishing a Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to look out for the interests of everyday Americans (expanding gvt.)
• Provided stimulus funding to boost private sector space flight programs (spending – and are you serious?)
I could go on, but we would be here all day.
Sure, there is some validity to these changes, especially expanding Pell grants, but are these the changes we need to put this recovery into overdrive again?
No, it’s not.
There’s a lot of robbing Peter to pay Paul going on here, when what we need to do is stop robbing and paying anybody, and just get to work!
My point is simply this...
Not much has this administration done that seems to be correcting our problem, which is namely too much government!
This is a nation of the people for the people, but with a government sticking its nose in every aspect of our daily lives, it’s getting harder and harder for people like us to make money.
What they really need to do is just get out of the way…
Sure, they need to regulate, but quit muddying up the waters!
Hopefully, yesterday was a huge step in fixing what has been going on, because if it wasn’t… we’re all in big trouble.
As Netroots Nation Drinks Up Democrat Kool-Aid, AFL-CIO Warns This Could Be A 'Powerful' GOP Year | Matt Vespa
New Obama Executive Action Plan on Amnesty: Bring Kids to U.S. Directly From Central America | Katie Pavlich