* Now that Official Washington needs to take a breath from All-Obama-All-the-Time it has turned its attention to what will become of the Republican Party; or, more precisely who will be the New Face of the Republican Party?
* I don't know. Here's a couple of things I do know.
* Four years ago - a week after George W. Bush defeated John Kerry no one thought that Barack Obama was the New Face of the Democratic Party. If anyone was, it was Hillary Rodham Clinton's mug.
* How'd that work out?
* Here is the second thing I know. At noon on January 20, 2009 when President-elect Obama officially loses the hyphenated title, every Republican will understand how every Democrat felt exactly eight years earlier - to the second. That was when George W. Bush was sworn in for his first term joining a House of Representatives led by Speaker Dennis Hastert and a Senate led by Majority Leader Trent Lott.
* Republicans controlled everything. Democrats - especially overweight Hollywood actors - loudly announced they were leaving the country. It was the era of the PERMANENT REPUBLICAN MAJORITY!
* How'd that work out?
* Eight years, it took. Just eight years later and the overweight Hollywood actors who never left in the first place are loudly announcing they are back while the press corps is proclaiming the era of the PERMANENT DEMOCRATIC MAJORITY!
* Everyone who has ever held public office as a Republican, or has been self-identified as a "Republican Strategist" is trying to elbow their way onto Hannity & Colmes to tell us (a) Why John McCain lost, (b) What the GOP has to do now, and (c) why he or she should be proclaimed the New Face of the Republican Party to lead it back to being the PERMANENT REPUBLICAN MAJORITY!
* Both the Republican and Democratic National Committees will choose new chairmen at their winter meetings. The party committee which holds the White House will go through the motions and then will elect whoever the President asked for.
* For the party committee which is on the outs, it is much more exciting. And, it is a much better time to be Chairman.
* When you are the Chairman of the RNC or DNC during the time your party holds the Presidency, your committee is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the political office (whatever its name) of the White House.
* When you are the Chairman of the opposition party committee, you can say or do anything you want because what you say or do has no policy implications.
Team Clinton Sends Former Obama White House Advisor John Podesta to Hillary's Defense on Foreign Donations | Katie Pavlich
White House on New Clinton Donor Revelations: President Obama is Proud of Hillary's Work at State | Katie Pavlich