* The Senate, which is receding in support among Americans under the leadership of men like Harry Reid (D-Nv) and Chuck Schumer (D-NY), will be weakened by the loss of Pete Domenici - a man of principal, courage, intelligence, and above all patriotism.
* Speaking of Harry Reid, his attack on Rush Limbaugh speaks volumes about the damage the MoveOn.org people have done to the Democrats in Congress.
* Briefly, ABC News reported on men who claim to have served in Iraq or Afghanistan, claim to have been awarded medals for bravery, and claim to have witnessed atrocities by coalition forces - only to find out they have never been any closer to the US Military than reading a Sgt. Rock comic book in junior high.
* These miscreants have been named "phony soldiers" which is the term Rush used to describe them.
* A left-wing blog misquoted Rush and accused him of, in effect, saying any soldier who disagreed with US policies in the region were "phony soldiers."
* Stung by their inability to stop MoveOn.org from denigrating the US military, Congressional Democrats piled on Limbaugh (a) even though they knew he was not talking about regular soldiers or (b) even though they knew the context of what Rush had said.
* Rush's point was that the Popular Press will report anything that anyone claiming to be a soldier says so long it is in opposition to Administration policy without even the most modest fact-checking to see if the person making the claims (a) ever served or (b) the events they described ever happened.
* Mullsters of the world unite! We are faced with political opponents who, as both the Limbaugh and Domenici cases have shown, have no sense of civility, respect, or decency in their attempts to take control of the American political process.
Healthcare Solutions Begin with Innovators in Tennessee, Not Bureaucrats in Washington, DC | Marsha Blackburn