Dear Mr. Mullings:
That will be quite enough.
Your 7&8 Grade Clarinet Teacher (would it have killed you to have practiced once in a while?)
From the WEST WING Office of President Clinton (42)
Wednesday, Jan. 21, 2009
TO: The White House Senior Staff
I thought it would be helpful to y'all if you understood the roles and duties that Hillary and I will be fulfilling for the next eight years.
1. Domestic Policy. Hillary will take the lead on this, especially on health care along with the Secretary-designate of HHS, Newt Gingrich.
2. Foreign Policy. I'm going to say this only one time: I don't want any major foreign policy decisions being made public without having them first approved by me.
3. In fact, that goes for domestic policy decisions, too. Especially if it's something Secretary-designate Gingrich thinks is a good idea.
4. I also don't want to hear anyone in this Administration referring to me as anything other than "President Clinton." I don't want any of that "First Spouse" or "First Husband" or even "First Man" - especially not "First Man" - business.
5. If absolutely necessary, it will be acceptable to refer to me as "President Clinton (42)" as opposed to Hillary who is the 44th President of the United States.
6. However, do not use the "President Clinton (42)" construct with abandon. I don't want to hear anyone saying that such-and-so needs to get done because "President Clinton (42)" asked for it. A simple "President Clinton asked for it" will do.