Well, if you’re one of those out there who has thus far failed to see the dominance of Vladimir Putin in the Putin/Obama relationship … the light surely must be shining now. In the last 24 hours our Dear Ruler has managed to show not only America, but the rest of the world, just how weak he is on the world stage.
A bit of a recap here to show you what kind of a bind Obama was in:
· Obama goes off-teleprompter (always a dangerous thing) and comes up with this “red line” gaff. He is then on the record as saying that Assad will be dealt with harshly if he dares to use chemical weapons.
· Assad uses (or at least Obama and Kerry say he used) chemical weapons against his own people.
· Obama realizes how badly he screwed up with his “red line” comment. His credibility, whatever is left of it, is on the line.
· Obama seeks help from Great Britain. For the first time since 1792 the British Parliament refuses to go along with a request from the Prime Minister to use force. Obama is in this on his own.
· Obama needs someone to stand with him on this, so he tells the nation he will seek an approval vote for the Congress. It soon becomes clear the congress is not going along. The Senate…maybe…but not the house. Obama is feeling even more lonely and exposed.
· Obama calls in the campaign team, Plouffe et al. It’s not policy he’s looking for, it’s words. They tell him to tell the world that the red line isn’t really his. Fail.
· Virtually all polls taken of the American people show strong opposition to Obama’s planned attack on Syria.
So … here’s how I see the developments of the last few days. Either it’s all very simple, or I’m just simple-minded. (Sorry, we’re not going to take a poll on that.)
Putin (background – ass-kicking KGB operative) sees a way to take advantage of this situation to both embarrass and establish a stronger dominance over Obama (background – pot-smoking community organizer). Putin heard John Kerry make a bit of a mistake at a presser. Kerry is asked what Assad can do to avoid an attack. The Poodle suggests that Assad could turn over his chemical weapons. The White House immediately refutes the idea, and Kerry’s handlers start trying to walk the comment back. But Putin was listening … and he makes his move.
Putin, loyal to his primary goal here is to keep his pal Assad in power, immediately seizes on Kerry’s idea and makes it a firm proposal. Just that quickly Putin takes control.
Now Obama sees a way out. He knows that Putin is controlling the situation here, but at least now he can avoid an embarrassing congressional “no” vote, the first in American history. But hmmmmmm. Maybe Obama can get some of his grove back here. So he tells us that he was actually talking about this plan for Assad to give up his chemical weapons when he was meeting with Putin last week! Yeah … sure.
So…Here we are. Harry Reid has already put off the Senate vote. After tonight’s speech by 0bama Reid will probably announce that the vote is postponed indefinitely. The House may go ahead with a vote, but in light of Putin’s little parlay that vote will be cast as nothing more than an attempt to embarrass Obama.
An agreement will be reached between the ass-kicker, the community organizer and the gasser for Syria to turn over “all” of its chemical weapons. Of course “all” of the weapons will not be turned over. There will be inspections, but Putin will work with Assad to make sure the inspections are not too thorough. In the end Assad will keep a good portion of those chemical weapons, and Putin will supply him with even more arms.
The violence in Syria will continue, though the rebels will be dispirited. In time Assad will once again use whatever chemical weapons he retained to keep the rebels at bay if that becomes necessary. But wait! How can Assad use these weapons and not as much as admit that he didn’t turn them all over to the United Nations? Well, that one is easy. He’ll use the weapons and tell the world “See! I told you I didn’t use those weapons in the first place! You didn’t believe me. Now I gave up my chemical weapons…yet they’re still being used against the rebels! This just proves, as I said, that the rebel factions have these weapons and are using them and blaming it all on me!”
High fives in Putin’s lair!
Healthcare Solutions Begin with Innovators in Tennessee, Not Bureaucrats in Washington, DC | Congressman Marsha Blackburn