19. Why do we expect better behavior from humans than from dogs?
20. Is it morally permissible for a woman to have an abortion if she has pets? In other words, is it wrong to decline to care for her baby while providing care for animals?
21. Which one of these is not like the others?: a) Adult, b) toddler, c) unborn baby, d) dog.
22. Does secular humanism assume that humans are inherently different from other life forms? If not, why is it called humanism?
23. Is secular humanism a form of species-ism?
24. Can a thoroughly materialistic (or Darwinist or secular humanist) worldview explain how or why anything has value or a right to life?
25. During the 2008 election cycle, pro-choice candidate John Edwards said that everyone has a right to a college education. When does the right to a college education begin?
26. Is the right to an education necessary for the development of one’s full human potential?
27. Does not the right to full development only extend to those not yet fully developed?
28. What is the difference between a natural right and a legal right?
29. Should religious leaders interject their religiously-based opposition to the death penalty in debates over public policy?
30. Should religious leaders interject their religiously-based opposition to abortion in debates over public policy? If you answered “no” to this question and “yes” to the previous question please explain your inconsistency.
31. Does the “right to choose” come from man or from God?
32. If man grants rights can he also take them away?
33. It has been said (by three Supreme Court Justices) that “At the heart of liberty is the right to define one’s own concept of existence, of meaning, of the universe, and of the mystery of human life.” Does that mean a woman can define a baby’s rights out of existence because a woman is more powerful than a baby?
34. Or does that mean a man can define a woman’s rights out of existence because, in a patriarchal society, a man is more powerful than a woman?
35. Rights often confer power. Should power also confer rights?
Keith, just run off this list of questions and take them with you to your sociology class. Anytime your professor starts preaching about abortion just raise your hand and start asking questions. Let me know when you run out and I’ll send more.
To be continued …
Rand Paul on NSA: “I Believe What You Do on Your Cell Phone is None of Their Damn Business” | Daniel Doherty