The MSU Conservative Faculty and Staff are defending freedom by boldly exercising it themselves. They are doing it in four principal ways:
1. Defending students and faculty whose free speech rights are being denied.
2. Advocating for students who wish to speak freely against ideological indoctrination in classes.
3. Educating the university community by inviting appropriate speakers to campus to speak on issues of vital importance to America.
4. Speaking out on these issues themselves before members of the university community.
I was thrilled when the group asked me to come to MSU as the first speaker for their fine organization. I was even more thrilled when Professor Fico gave me a brochure that spelled out the four principal beliefs of the new organization. They are as follows:
1. We believe that God, not the state, is the Author of our freedom.
2. We believe that individuals, not groups, have rights.
3. We believe that the right to life enables all other rights.
4. We believe that freedom requires rights of ownership and use of property.
For years, I have been fighting a war against moral relativism, socialism, and identity politics on college campuses. Many times during the struggle I have felt very alone and discouraged. But, now, I realize that the effort is beginning to pay off. Professors are beginning to stand up for our nation in proud defense of our God-given liberties. And they are doing so at a time when those liberties are in unprecedented jeopardy.
To all conservative faculty and staff members around the country I say the following: If you have ever considered standing up against the tide of political correctness in defense of your nation and your liberties, please, do it now. We need you more than ever.