Perhaps the worst example is found in an exchange wherein a gay man says “I don’t believe in God. I think you should know that before we (f-bomb deleted) again.” After another gay man bites one of his nipples he proclaims “Oh God, Oh God, I believe, I believe.”
I called the Deerfield High School Principal twice. I have been unable to get a return phone call. Had I been given the respect of a response, I would have asked the following questions:
1. What possible educational benefit could come from assigning gay porn to students?
2. Is this literature really likely to promote tolerance of gays?
3. Does it not reinforce negative stereotypes of gays?
4. Do you think the repeated use of racial slurs like the “n-word” between angry gay lovers is good for race relations?
5. Does it not make gays look racist and, hence, intolerant?
6. Is it a good idea to encourage people to continue an act of sodomy after a condom has been broken?
7. Are you at all concerned about linking sex and violence together with such graphic language?
8. Could this possibly encourage rape?
9. What did Mother Teresa do to deserve such hostile and sexist treatment in your school’s assigned literature?
10. Are you Catholic?
Bill, since I have had no luck getting an answer from these people, I hope you would consider asking them on The Factor to explain their promotion of such despicable reading material. Arrogant public servants must be held accountable for their betrayal of the public trust. Not to mention their betrayal of our children.