The other day someone wrote to ask whether I’ve ever considered writing a column including my favorite political quotes. I responded by saying, “Let me get a six pack and think about it. I’ll write back later.” After sitting out on the porch drinking Sierra Nevada Summer-Fest and watching the bugs hit my bug zapper, I compiled today’s list.
Some of these quotes are already known to the general public. Others came from personal encounters I’ve had with politicians and other public figures – all having no idea they were being digitally recorded. I do hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed my six pack of Sierra Nevada. And I hope you remember them when you cast your vote in 2008.
25. Mike, could you pass the George Dickel? It's unseasonably cold out here tonight." Al Gore, Jr. over drinks at Dr. Adams’ house some time in May of 2006.
24. "Faggot!" Ann Coulter shortly after Dr. Adams refused to come up to her hotel room for drinks after her speech at CPAC.
23. "Get your hand off Chelsea's (backside)! She's my daughter, you pervert!" Hillary R. Clinton during an interview with Dr. Adams at a restaurant in Washington, D.C.
22. “Take a little more off the top. I don’t want to look like those stinking homeless people on Franklin Street.” John Edwards speaking off the record with his hair stylist in Chapel Hill, N.C.
21. “The charges that I am anti-Semitic are simply erroneous, felonious, and unceremonious. In fact, when I need a doctor, I always look for one with a Jewish name.” Jesse Jackson in an exclusive interview with www.DrAdams.org.
20. "What? My guns have killed fewer people than Teddy Kennedy’s car. Leave my guns alone and go after that drunken socialist’s diver’s license. And pass the George Dickel, Al.” Mike S. Adams.
19. "What? Gun makers are responsible for making America violent? I suppose spoon makers are responsible for making Natalie Maines fat.” Mike S. Adams.
18. "I said, get your hand off Chelsea's (backside)! She's your daughter, Bill! You pervert!" Hillary R. Clinton.
17. "Faggot!" John Edwards after Dr. Adams complimented him on his $400 haircut.
16. "Mike Adams' assertion that I grabbed Chelsea's (backside) is both false and defamatory. I think we can all agree that Chelsea is not nearly as hot as Ms. Lewinski. The charges simply lack any indicia of credibility. I demand an apology. And I also demand a cigar." Bill Clinton.
15. "I regret to say that my hand did, in fact, have an improper relationship with Chelsea Clinton. The incident represents a profound lapse of judgment for which my hand takes sole responsibility." Bill Clinton.