Most people don?t know it, but there is a war currently being waged within the UNC system. The administrations of each of the sixteen campuses are trying to outdo one another when it comes to funding unmitigated idiocy and perversion in the name of ?diversity.? Recently, UNC-Asheville showed a porn movie to 200 students in order to take the lead. That has administrators at UNC-Wilmington fighting mad and fighting back.
In an effort to take the lead in this race (and become the most idiotic university in North Carolina), UNCW is helping to sponsor a showing of the film ?Trans Generation.? In fact, the Office of Campus Diversity, the Office of the Dean of Students, and the UNCW Women?s Resource Center are all pitching in to help.
For those who don?t know, ?Trans Generation? is an eight-part documentary series that charts the lives of four college students undergoing ?gender transition.? It is produced by the same people who brought us the classics ?Inside Deep Throat? and ?Party Monster.?
According to the flier, the film features ?Gabbie, Lucas, Raci, and T.J.? who are ?confronting the challenges of school, campus life, family? and changing their sex.? The film joins the four transitioning youths ? two soon-to-be-ex-males and two soon-to-be-ex-females - as they ?define who they are and take control of their gender identity.?
Although I don?t know whether to wear a dress or a suit, you can bet that I will be there on Wednesday, September 14th, at 7:30 p.m. in UNCW?s Cameron Hall Auditorium to experience this monumental event. Since it is free and open to the public, I plan to bring a lot of friends and ask a lot of questions. Some of them follow:
1. I noticed that the Women?s Resource Center is co-sponsoring this program. Is that because they are pleased that two of the students in the film wanted to have surgery in order to become women?
2. Is the Women?s Resource Center offended by the two women who wanted to become men? Will the two new men get their new hoo-hoo dillies from the two new women? How does that work, exactly?
3. When a woman has a hoo-hoo dilly surgically attached, does that not legitimize Freud?s sexist notion of penis envy? Is that something the Women?s Center really wants to touch - figuratively speaking?
4. Is it misogyny that causes a woman to have a sex-change?
5. Is it mister-ogyny that causes a man to have a sex change?
6. In the past, UNC has spent tax-dollars to address the problem of teen self-mutilation. Why is the system now spending tax dollars to encourage self-mutilation in the form of sex-changes? Are we, a) having trouble making up our minds or do we, b) enjoy going in complete circles at tax-payer expense?