Your position advertisement states that "...Additionally, the position requires organizational, administrative, networking, and positive interpersonal relation skills and an ability to communicate effectively in oral and written formats. Responsibilities include overseeing the daily operation and budget of the WRC; supervising staff (both a half-time administrative assistant and half-time graduate student); coordinating the Women's Studies minor program, collaborating with existing women's programs...developing educational and outreach programs for women; facilitating research and assessment issues of concern to student, staff and faculty women; and working with the WRC's advisory board."
In order to address these more specific requirements, I intend to list some specific things I will do if I become WRC Director. That short list
1. I will immediately ask you, Dr. Berkeley, to sever your ties with the Women's Resource Center. This decision is based upon your consistent pattern of viewpoint discrimination as a leader of the WRC-most recently as the interim director.
For example, since December, the UNCW Pro Life group has been trying to get a link to their website through the WRC website. After weeks of ignoring them, you promised them a hearing in March. You then moved the hearing to April. You then cancelled the hearing. Thinking of silly excuses to ensure that only your views are represented on the WRC website is something you have done with impunity for years. My description of your history of similar discrimination is chronicled in a chapter in my book, "Welcome to the Ivory Tower of Babel." If you would like, I can provide you with a copy for inspection.
As it stands, the pro-life movement is only mentioned once on your website in a caption below a picture of a man holding a sign saying "Bow to the God of the Bible." Your caption reads: "This pretty much sums up the motivations of the anti-choice movement." In other words, the WRC is saying that pro-lifers are all simple-minded religious bigots. That is as unacceptable as saying "all Jews are penny pinchers" or "all Negroes are spear chuckers." Your stereotypical thinking and willingness to discriminate based on those stereotypes will have no place at a Mike Adams-led WRC.
2. I will immediately ask Elizabeth Ervin, former head of the WRC, to sever all ties with the Center. When Ervin was director, she told the local Crisis Pregnancy Center (Life Line) that they could not be linked to the WRC webpage. Shortly thereafter, she went onto a feminist list serve based at Dartmouth and admitted that she denied the group access to the WRC site because they were "explicitly Christian." The emails sent back and forth between the feminists had a privacy statement attached to them, saying that those of us who received the emails in error must delete them without reading their contents.
I read the emails anyway. But it is now a moot point since one of the feminists accidentally posted the emails on the internet for all to see.
Again, Dr. Berkeley, you can use "Google" to access the whole exchange.
After you do, I'm sure you will agree that anti-Christian bigotry has no place at the WRC.
3. I am going to actually hold a debate between pro-lifers and pro-choicers at UNCW. This idea of having a debate is decidedly against the university diversity policy. I am going to do it anyway.
4. I am going to allow the two pro-life students who recently asked to serve on the WRC Advisory Board to do so. You did not allow them to serve because you are, in my opinion, opposed to diversity. I am committed to reversing your decision immediately upon taking office. Pro-choicers and pro-lifers will work together on the WRC Board from now on.
5. I am not going to post the f-word or the p-word all over campus on Vagina Day. In fact, I am going to cancel the Vagina Monologues next year and replace it with the second installment of the Run Against Rape.
Since the run will also help fight heart disease, I plan to call it Angina Day, or A-Day.
6. I also plan to offer firearms training at the WRC. I will supply the guns and ammo, thereby saving the taxpayers of North Carolina thousands of dollars.
7. Since my term is for four-years, I will cut the budget of the WRC by 25% per year. This will help students fight the rising cost of tuition by eliminating the WRC at the end of my term.
When you consider that a) women are 70% of the student population at this university, and b) they make better grades than men, we don't really need a "comfort zone" to help them escape from masculine oppression. And, come to think of it, I won't really need this job in four years. By then, I plan to replace radio talk show host Neal Boortz (www.Boortz.com) or maybe even start a Men's Resource Center.
Whatever happens, I know that my possibilities are endless. As the feminists say, it's still a man's world. Regardless, I look forward to meeting you in an interview soon.
Mike S. Adams (www.DrAdams.org) sent the above application to Dr. Berkeley on May 7th, two days before the application deadline. He hopes to get an answer before he speaks at Kalamazoo College in Kalamazoo, MI, on May 25th. If he is rejected, he plans to throw pies at any liberals attending the speech.
Are We Really Surprised Democrats Who Booed Jerusalem Will Boycott Netanyahu's Speech? | Katie Pavlich
Artist Reveals Bill Clinton's Official White House Portrait Has Monica Lewinsky Reference | Christine Rousselle