I would like you to know that I'm the girl who performed the 'Vagina Workshop'. If you came to see it, I was the woman parading around in the Tutu. You see, I'm proud to have been a part of this performance and what it does for women. I'm not a bra burning, anti-Bush feminist. Actually I'm not even a Democrat. I support the President, (sic) I support my country totally for that matter. What I don't support is people who don't support women. My vagina could care less about politics; all it wants is to not be raped and be treated kindly. I know that you must know that 1 in 4 women will be victims of sexual violence. Also, bringing religion into this is just so, so wrong. If people are offended because of a word that explains a body part, that is their own problem. I'm a Religion major and I have not once come across a passage in the Bible that states 'Thou shalt not write or speak the words Vagina, P****, and C***!' I think that Jesus would embrace a play whose purpose was to STOP VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN !!!!!!!!! Even if it does talk about SEX.
So, please try to embrace the VMs and not bash it. It's a good thing, its (sic) not anti-religious, anti-Bush, or anti-male, it's just anti-rape and anti-hate. As Eve Ensler states 'Until the Violence Stops'
Naturally, I have a few questions for you, since you are the Human Resources Director. Here goes:
1. Would I be guilty of sexual harassment if I sent a message to a student with a subject line reading "My Penis is very mad at you?"
2. Would I be fired if I told a female student she thinks with her vagina?
3. Is it really acceptable for a student to send emails to a professor laced with the p-word and the c-word? Is anything off limits at this university? The f-word? The n-word?
4. Did Chancellor DePaolo's decision to attend the Vagina Monologues send a bad message to our students? Did she legitimate this kind of behavior when she not only attended but was recognized at the event by the Vagina Warriors? Is there any link, here?
5. In her message, Rebecca equated her vagina with her self. Rather than saying ?I am very mad? she said ?My vagina is very mad.? Don?t rapists look at a woman and see a vagina, not a person? Isn?t Rebecca reinforcing the rapist?s view of a woman?
6. In 2001, a student accused me of libel for implying that her speech was "bigoted," unintelligent," and "immature." Do you remember searching my email account because my "abusive" speech was sent via our campus email system? Well, I feel the same way about Rebecca's speech. Will you punish me by reading my email again? or,
7. Will you charge Rebecca with sexual harassment so that men and women will be treated equally at UNCW? You do care about equality, don't you?
I can't wait to hear your response to this one. Happy Easter,
Mike S. Adams
Mike S. Adams will speak at Bradley University on Wednesday, March 30th. For more information, go to http://explore.bradley.edu/calendar/week.php