4. Tell me about a public or private moment when you thought to yourself, "This is what Elvis felt like every day.”
I recently received an extended standing ovation at a screening of GO FAR. That was pretty cool.
5. What's your current “guilty pleasure” non-news television show?
Person of Interest. Also Fantasy Football Live.
6. What’s the best present you ever received as a child?
My work ethic.
7. What’s the best present you ever gave?
The last five years of my life producing GO FAR to spread Christopher's message.
8. What advice do you remember your mother or father giving you? Did you take it?
My father told me it doesn't matter what I choose to be when I grow up. What is important is loving what I do, giving it everything I have, and being passionate.
9. Who would be on the perfect "Red Eye" panel?
Sorry, don't watch the show. Probably wouldn't have a good answer for this one.
10. What books are on your reading list?
Reading is my way to learn new things, so everything is non-fiction. I have a stack of books about film editing theory that are still unread, I'd like to learn more about visual effects compositing, and my next goal is continuing to learn how to play classical piano.
11. What would you like tomorrow's headline to say?
GO FAR has reached its funding goal!
12. What's the message of Go Far and what can readers do to help?
GO FAR was a motivational program designed by Christopher Rush, who was born with muscular dystrophy and given a prognosis of two years. He lived until he was thirty. He was the national poster child for muscular dystrophy. He was the first quadriplegic to become a licensed scuba diver. He graduated with honors from the University of Michigan and graduated with a degree in law from Wayne State University. He routinely put together 1000+ piece puzzles…all without the use of his limbs. His message was all about staying positive, believing in yourself, and making the most of what you've been given, rather than lamenting that which you don't have.
Readers can visit our Kickstarter site and help us reach our fundraising goal by this Saturday night!
Be the first to read Lisa De Pasquale's column. Sign up today and receive Townhall.com delivered each morning to your inbox.
In Honor of His 103rd Birthday, Here Are The 20 Best Quotes From The Late, Great Milton Friedman | John Hawkins