A Radio Shack "Realistic" cassette recorder. I used to tape the local radio stations and when the DJ started talking I took the mic and pretended I was the DJ. I still have all those cassettes of me as a kid, and the recorder itself. I guess I always knew I would be in radio.
7. What was the first rock concert you ever attended and where did you sit and who went with you?
Also at the Richmond Coliseum in the mid-80s, Bon Jovi opening up for RATT. The guy who took me was, shall we say, a guy whose neck was a shade of red. He brought 6-packs of Mickey's Malt Liquor in those glass "barrels." I drank so much he had to pull the car over for me to puke my guts out. I think that started me on the road to not being a drinker. I remember the seats were on the floor but pretty far back.
8. Tell me about one of your favorite interviews.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz_r2BcSg5U Watch the beginning and that explains it all. Talking to my biggest talk radio inspiration.
9. If Republicans and Democrats had theme songs for 2012 what would they be?
GOP: "Our House" by Madness
DEM: "Living on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi
10. Tell me about your favorite teacher and how he or she influenced your life.
Bob DeGroff, my AP biology teacher. He was just such a laid back, yet super intelligent man who made you want to learn and always kept your interest. He moved from VA to CA and died a few years later. I think about him a lot.
11. What would you like tomorrow's news headline to say?
Israel and Palestine Agree to Historic Truce
12. Tell me about the moment you decided to enter the political arena.
I was working at WJFK-FM here in DC when it became one of the country's only FM talk stations. G. Gordon Liddy became the midday show, and I became the assistant producer in 1993. Liddy certainly shaped my political beliefs. I actually voted for Bill Clinton in 1992. So one can blame or thank Gordon for turning me into a conservative.
Be the first to read Lisa De Pasquale's column. Sign up today and receive Townhall.com delivered each morning to your inbox.