6. What’s the best present you ever received as a child?
7. What was the first rock concert you ever attended and where did you sit and who went with you?
I went with my dad and brother to see Michael Jackson and the Jackson 5.
8. What advice do you remember your mother or father giving you? Did you take it?
Both of my parents always told me to stand up for what I believe in regardless of what others are saying. Also, they taught me to never compromise my core convictions, because, at the end of the day, I have to be able to look at myself in the mirror and believe that I did what was best.
9. If Republicans and Democrats had theme songs for 2012 what would they be?
The theme song for Republicans would be “Won’t Back Down” by Tom Petty. The theme song for the American people regarding the Democrats would be “I Need a Job” by Burns and Poe.
10. Tell me about your favorite teacher and how he or she influenced your life.
Mr. Vern Williams, my 7th grade math teacher, taught us the importance of persistence, perseverance, and hard work. There are no shortcuts to success.
11. What would you like tomorrow's news headline to say?
“Romney Wins, Republicans Take Back Senate and Hold on to House”
12. Tell me about the moment you decided to enter the political arena.
Deciding to enter the political arena wasn’t an easy decision. At the time I was leading a successful small business, was about to get married and was very content with my life. But I was disgusted with the direction our country was taking under President Obama and the Democrat majority. I decided that I either had to try and do something to help change the direction of our country, or I had to stop yelling at the television. So, I decided to run for Congress and help lead our country to a more prosperous future.
Be the first to read Lisa De Pasquale's column. Sign up today and receive Townhall.com delivered each morning to your inbox.
Bernie Sanders Champions YUGE Profits for U.S. Corporations (But Only in Cahoots with Communists) | Humberto Fontova