Earlier this year Nickelodeon announced that they’ve ordered 20 episodes of a series produced and starring Baio called Daddy’s Home for Nick-at-Nite. One of the lessons that Andrew Breitbart taught me was the importance of supporting our people and the importance of pop culture. Often conservatives respond to the culture wars by starting their own movies, magazines or networks. While there have been good efforts on those fronts, we should also be working to support conservatives already inside the industry. I’ll be watching “Daddy’s Home.” I hope you will, too!
Each week the De Pasquale's Dozen asks political figures and free market-minded writers and entertainers to take a break from politics and talk about their pop culture obsessions.
1. If there were a television channel that only showed one movie over and over, what movie should it be?
2. What’s one of your favorite movie quotes?
"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." – The Godfather
3. In A Clockwork Orange, Malcolm McDowell is strapped in with his eyes propped open and forced to watch images until he was "cured." If you could give President Obama, Rep. Nancy Pelosi and Leader Harry Reid the "Clockwork Orange treatment," what movie would you make them watch?
4. What was the first rock concert you ever attended and where did you sit and who went with you?
Chuck Berry at The Fortway theater with my brother.
5. What's the best gift you got as a child?
A pool table
6. What important advice do you remember your mother or father giving you? Did you take it?
"Don't let anyone take advantage of you". I try to use it everyday.
7. If Democrats and Republicans had theme songs for 2012 what would they be?
Republicans: “Proud to be an American”
Democrats: “Money for Nothin’”
8. Who would be on the perfect Red Eye panel?
Me, cloned twice.
9. What canceled TV show would you put back on the air?
Dirty, Sexy, Money
10. Many have said that Washington D.C. is like Hollywood for ugly people. How do you think D.C. is like Hollywood? How is it different?
D.C. has better actors.
11. What one thing would you do as President "just because you could"?Institute a Flat tax
12. Tell me about the moment you decided to become more vocal about your political beliefs.
When half of the money I earned was going to the government. For what? I have no idea.
Be the first to read Lisa De Pasquale's column. Sign up today and receive Townhall.com delivered each morning to your inbox.