Familiar faces in the Cherry Tree series include Tex the T-Rex (a patriotic dinosaur with new books coming out July 4th – his birthday!), Special Hops (pro-military rabbits), and The Eagles (a family that passes on traditional values). Also coming soon is “Potty in the U.S.A,” a potty-training series with toddler versions of Betsy Ross, Thomas Jefferson, and Lewis and Clark. They’ll also teach children about the Pledge of Allegiance and the Revolutionary War.
I decided to expand the scope of the De Pasquale’s Dozen interviews to include not just political figures, but conservative and libertarian authors and entertainers. It’s important to support those like Covert who stand up for our values. Buy their books, see their movies, buy their music. It’s also important that we engage in pop culture and not surrender the entertainment industry to the Left. This is one of the greatest lessons I learned from Andrew Breitbart and the reason why he still inspires me.
Please support the Breitbart Children’s Trust. Donations can be sent to 149 S. Barrington Ave, #735 Los Angeles, CA 90049.
1. If there were a television channel that only showed one movie over and over, what movie should it be?
I can’t narrow it down to one so I am going to cheat and say they have to alternate between Caddyshack and Being There.
2. What’s one of your favorite movie quotes?
“Get busy living or get busy dying” - Shawshank Redemption
3. In A Clockwork Orange, Malcolm McDowell is strapped in with his eyes propped open and forced to watch images until he was "cured." If you could give President Obama, Rep. Nancy Pelosi and Leader Harry Reid the "Clockwork Orange treatment," what movie would you make them watch?
The Undefeated by Steve Bannon. It would make their heads explode like in the movie Scanners.
4. What was the first rock concert you ever attended and where did you sit and who went with you?
Chicago. It was in 1974 at Florida Field in Gainesville Florida. My father took me and we sat on the fifty yard line about twenty rows up. He had a hard time explaining to me why those guys behind us had to share their pipe.
5. What do you remember most about going to the movies as a kid? How has that experience changed for the better or worse for your kids?
I was obsessed with movies when I was younger. During the summer I would go by myself to a theater down the street from my house. I saw every comedy or science fiction movie that came out. My kids love going to the movies but 3D scares them. The only big difference is I don’t let them go by themselves but my oldest is only five so I might change that when she gets to college. But not before.
6. What important advice do you remember your mother or father giving you? Did you take it?
Always be prepared, always work hard and take pride in your work no matter what it is. I still follow that advice and have already tried to pass it on to my children. They of course ignored me.
7. If Democrats and Republicans had theme songs for 2012 what would they be?
For the Democrats it would be “Liar” by The Sex Pistols. For the Republicans it has to be “Stuck in the Middle With You” by Stealers Wheel
8. Who would be on the perfect Red Eye panel?
Me (of course), Bill Schulz, the late great Andrew Breitbart, Thaddeus McCotter and Carrie Keegan.
9. What canceled TV show would you put back on the air?
The original Star Trek. But it would take place in an assisted living starship.
10. Many have said that Washington D.C. is like Hollywood for ugly people. How do you think D.C. is like Hollywood? How is it different?
The backstabbing, ruthlessness and lying are the same. The money in Hollywood is better than D.C. until you retire and become a lobbyist or use inside info to trade stocks.
11. What one thing would you do as President "just because you could"?
I would make NASCAR let me say “Gentlemen start your engines” at every race and I would start Video Game Friday for cabinet meetings.
12. Tell me about the moment you decided to become more vocal about your political beliefs.
I’ve never been called quiet about anything in my life. However I’m also not one of those people who thinks that because I have been moderately successful at playing make believe for a living that I am supposed to tell you who to vote for. That being said I think everyone should write in Dick Cheney in November. I know what I’m talking about because I am an ACTOR.
Be the first to read Lisa De Pasquale's column. Sign up today and receive Townhall.com delivered each morning to your inbox.
Pizza Industry Vows to Continue Fight Against Obamacare’s Onerous Menu Labeling Regulation | Leah Barkoukis