To: Loyal Townhall Readers
From: Jonathan Garthwaite
Date: Friday, June 23, 2006
Subject: The Revolution Begins July 4 – the New Townhall.com
Seven weeks ago we asked you what you wanted Townhall.com to be. Thousands of you responded and we listened.
On July 4, we will launch a new Townhall.com that continues to feature the best conservative columns as well as exclusive new features like online talk radio, new blogs, editorial cartoons, a personalized action center, and more.
• 75% said you listen to talk radio almost daily. Townhall.com is now adding a new Talk Radio Online section that features audio streaming and podcasting of Bill Bennett, Mike Gallagher, Dennis Prager, Michael Medved, Hugh Hewitt as well as Townhall.com shows like the National Defense from the VFW, the Northern Alliance, Jay Sekulow Live, TCS Daily and more!
• 72% of you regularly read blogs. Townhall.com will be the first conservative website offering free blogging tools to any of its readers. Create your own blog with its own design in seconds. When you create your own blog you will be part of a conservative blog community that features Mary Katharine Ham, Hugh Hewitt, Mike Gallagher, Dennis Prager, Michael Medved, Kevin McCullough, and Radio Blogger.
• 90% said you have been active in politics. We want it to be 100%. The new Townhall.com features a personalized action center that delivers talk radio call-in numbers for your area, allows you to easily contact your state and federal legislators and more.
Hundreds of thousands of you have been getting an email from me every day for years – can you do it better? We want to give you the chance. Our new action center allows you to create your own Townhall.com email list featuring any columns YOU choose.
So why is all of this a revolution? Because Townhall.com is the first to combine the grassroots media of talk radio and the online grassroots voices of the web and blogosphere. Townhall.com has been America’s conservative opinion page for a decade – it is far past time that your voice is featured on Townhall.com alongside our conservative leaders!
Here are a few more details of what is to come:
• Vote on Columns: Townhall.com will continue to be the best place on the web to find all of your favorite conservative columnists. Now you’ll be able to “vote” on the opinion columns that you agree with the most. We’ll tally your votes along with which columns are being read the most to give you the “What’s Hot” columns each day.
• More Email Lists: We are significantly expanding the number of email lists you can sign up for. An overwhelming majority of you said you wanted a regular talk radio report, issue-specific emails and more!
• New Townhall.com Blogs and Create Your Own Blog: Townhall’s talented columnists bring in millions of readers a month, and now you can grab a piece of that audience and give them a piece of your mind. Create your own blog in seconds and be a part of the Townhall.com blog community that includes a new Townhall.com blog featuring Hugh Hewitt and Mary Katharine Ham as well as blogs by Dennis Prager, Mike Gallagher, Michael Medved, and Kevin McCullough.
• Talk Radio Online for Streaming or Podcasting: Townhall.com not only offers free podcasts of radio shows for Bill Bennett, Mike Gallagher, Dennis Prager, Michael Medved, Hugh Hewitt, and leading conservative organizations, but it also has The Northern Alliance Radio Show with top bloggers John Hinderaker from PowerlineBlog.com, Captain Ed Morrisey from CaptainsQuarters.com, Mitch Berg from ShotintheDark.com and others.
• New Action Center: Get talk radio shows in your area, create your own email newsletter using Townhall columns, contact your state and federally elected officials, write your newspapers and use our personalized action center to make your opinion heard.
• Conservative Cartoons: You have known Townhall.com as America’s conservative opinion page for over a decade. We are now adding a dozen conservative editorial cartoons from Michael Ramirez, Paul Nowak, Gary Varvel and more.
Stay tuned because in the next week we’ll highlight a few more big surprises as we get closer to the July 4 start of the revolution!