Less colorful, but equally important cases, he adds, involve Title IX, the Voting Rights Act, the Pregnancy Discrimination Act, and the Clean Water Act.
And what if Democrats led by Sen. Barack Obama storm the White House?
Mr. Levey suggests the three Supreme Court justices most likely to retire - liberals Ruth Bader Ginsburg, John Paul Stevens and David H. Souter- "may well hold out for the next four years if John McCain becomes president."
That said, he presents the "Top 10 Things to Expect from an Obama Supreme Court."
10. Expanding racial preferences
9. Creating constitutional rights to physician-assisted suicide/human cloning
8. Expanding judicial oversight of military detentions/CIA interrogations
7. Prohibiting tuition vouchers for religious schools
6. Banning the death penalty
5. Creating constitutional rights to government welfare/medical care programs
4. Stripping "under God" from the Pledge of Allegiance
3. Eroding property rights
2. Ordering 50 states to "bless" gay marriage
1. Requiring taxpayers to fund essentially unlimited abortion rights
John McCaslin is a contributing columnist on Townhall.com and author of Inside The Beltway: Offbeat Stories, Scoops, and Shenanigans from around the Nation's Capital .
Be the first to read John McCaslin's column. Sign up today and receive Townhall.com delivered each morning to your inbox.