3) I lack faith in government: Whether you view government as a "necessary evil" or a "good" will make all the difference in the world in what policies you support. Our government doesn't do anything as well as the private sector. It spends more, takes longer, is dumber, is less compassionate, provides terrible customer service, is difficult to deal with and incessantly congratulates bureaucrats for their mediocre performances. The more government you have in your life, the worse off you will be. The more government we have in our country, the worse off we'll all be. Despite all of that, liberals love government for a simple reason: it gives them a way to control people who would never freely choose liberalism.
4) I'm a Christian: As imperfect of a Christian as I may be, my priorities are still God, family, friends, country and conservatism. On the other hand, you can't really be a liberal and a Christian because both liberalism and Jesus Christ demand to be put first in a person's life. If you're a Christian, you're against killing babies and against gay marriage and you support Christianity. To be a liberal in good standing, you have to support killing babies, support gay marriage and at a minimum, you have to turn a blind eye to people smearing Christians on a regular basis. Calling yourself a "liberal Christian" is almost as much of an oxymoron as a "Satanist Christian."
5) I'm a student of human nature: I have a degree in psychology and have always loved figuring out what makes people tick. However, it doesn't take Sigmund Freud to conclude that people will work harder for themselves than someone across the country, that people respond to economic incentives, that morals matter, and that self-reliance is better than dependency. Liberals are forever trying to rewrite human nature from scratch in order to try to fit into some utopian vision of how the world should be. Communism wouldn't have worked if different people were in charge of it. Rewarding illegal aliens for breaking the law encourages more illegal aliens to come to this country. Paying mothers who have children out of wedlock with welfare and food stamps increases the number of single mothers. Where liberals do understand of human nature, they use it in an insidious fashion to hurt people and benefit themselves. Encouraging people to become dependent on the government so that they're more likely to vote for you is an evil act that no decent human being would condone.
6) I'm a student of history: If you crack open a history book once in a while, it's amazing how much you'll learn. If you do, it'll quickly become apparent that capitalism far outstrips every other economic system known to man. You'll also find that as a general rule, the more power that's concentrated in the hands of the government, the worse off the people inevitably seem to be. You'll see that corruption and degeneracy rots societies from within, war will be ever present and most importantly, that freedom, democracy, and prosperity are rare in human history and that wise people should never take those things for granted. The wheels of history turn very slowly, but they do grind civilizations that don't pay attention to their lessons into a very bloody pulp.
7) I believe in the collective wisdom of the people who came before me: Thomas Sowell also spoke for me when he said, "Out of every hundred new ideas ninety-nine or more will probably be inferior to the traditional responses which they propose to replace. No one man, however brilliant or well-informed, can come in one lifetime to such fullness of understanding as to safely judge and dismiss the customs or institutions of his society, for those are the wisdom of generations after centuries of experiment in the laboratory of history."
Liberals are heedless, careless and foolish with the past. They call for the overturning of traditions and doctrine that have served us well for hundreds of years based on nothing more than feelings and just shrug off the almost incalculable damage their policies cause. Like an alcoholic who thinks about nothing but where his next drink is coming from, liberals think about nothing other than their feelings in the moment without considering the consequences of their actions.