15) "Where is the compromise between right and wrong? Where's the compromise between good and evil? If I believe in liberty, free market capitalism and all that, where is there any area of compromise with this administration? If I think the federal government has no business running health care to any greater extent than they already do, why should I entertain any bit of compromise with them, why should I accept their premise...? I disagree with every premise.
We're here to defeat them. We're here to politically defeat them and see to it their agenda does not succeed. And when was the last time...you asked the Democrats to compromise with me? When's the last time you asked the Democrats to compromise with Newt Gingrich or George W. Bush? You guys have this one-way street, you have this august view of yourselves as in power in perpetuity, as a birthright and we're just a bunch of little ankle biters knocking around bugging you people, a bunch of Chihuahuas and we gotta start healing, ‘Yes master.’ We gotta run around and when you say ‘sit’ we sit, when you say ‘heel’ we heel, when you say ‘lay down’ we lay down. It ain't that way...."
14) "Conservatism is an active intellectual pursuit; it requires a constant vigilance. It has nothing to do with feelings. Liberalism is the most gutless choice you can make. You just see suffering and say, 'Oh, I feel so horrible!'"
13) "Let me tell you who we conservatives are: we love people. When we look out over the United States of America, when we are anywhere, when we see a group of people, such as this or anywhere, we see Americans. We see human beings. We don't see groups. We don't see victims."
12) "The people that make this country work, the people who pay on their mortgages, the people getting up and going to work, striving in this recession to not participate in it, they're not the enemy. They're the people that hire you. They're the people that are going to give you a job."
11) "End results that work that don’t involve government threaten liberals."
10) "The way to improve our schools is not more money, but the reintroduction of moral and spiritual values, as well as the four ‘R's: reading, 'riting, 'rithmatic, and Rush."
9) "The world’s biggest problem is the unequal distribution of capitalism. If there were capitalism everywhere, you wouldn’t have food shortages."
8) "Compassion is defined not by how many people are on the government dole but by how many people no longer need government assistance."
7) "I’m not opposed to the protection of animals. But the best way to do that is to make sure some human being owns them."
6) "Morality is not defined and cannot be defined by individual choice."
5) "Progress is not striving for economic justice or fairness, but economic growth."
4) "You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
3) "If Thomas Jefferson thought taxation without representation was bad, he should see how it is with representation."
2) "Bigot: A person who wins an argument with a liberal."
1) "What about feeling sorry for those…who pay the taxes? Those are the people NO ONE ever feels sorry for. They are asked to give and give until they have no more to give. And when they say 'Enough!' they are called selfish."