3) Sean Duffy: Duffy, who was on MTV's "The Real World," is in a head-to-head battle with Julie Lassa over a seat that has been held by David Obey since 1970. This is an almost deadlocked district that leans slightly to the left, but Duffy, who has a lot of charisma, has been running ahead of Lassa for the seat. Putting a young, charismatic conservative like Duffy in a seat that has been held for so long by an old, socialist bull like David Obey would be sweet nectar, indeed.
4) Tim Burns: John Murtha has gone on to that big pork palace in the sky, but his seat remains in Democratic hands. Mark Critz managed, with the help of a more competitive Senate election on the Democratic side, to defeat Tim Burns in a special election for Murtha's seat earlier this year. However, Burns will get another crack at it in November, and, this time around, he will have a better chance to capture "John Murtha's seat." Imagine turning the seat John Murtha used to hold into another vote to repeal Obamacare. Now that would be a sweet, sweet victory.
5) Dan Benishek: After spending his career pretending to be a pro-lifer, "Baby Killer" Bart Stupak helped pass a healthcare bill that he had already admitted federally funded abortion. The shame of betraying everything he held dear eventually got to Stupak, and he decided to retire in disgrace. Now, his seat is up for grabs and Dan Benishek, who's a career surgeon, is running for the seat and vowing to help repeal Obamacare. It's a neck-and-neck race with Democrat Gary McDowell and Benishek could use our support.
6) Sean Bielat: There's no question that Sean Bielat is the biggest long shot on this list. He's running 10 points behind his opponent in a +14 Democratic district. Still, his opponent is under 50% and Bielat's numbers are coming up Scott Brown fast – and, yes, this race is in Massachusetts.
Who's his opponent, you may ask? Barney Frank. That's right, folks. Sean Bielat has a legitimate chance to forcibly retire one of the most loathsome men ever to sit in Congress. This is an opportunity that probably will not come again in our lifetimes.
7) Allen West: Allen West served in Operation Desert Storm, in Operation Iraqi Freedom, and in Afghanistan -- and he has the medals to prove it. He has a Bronze Star, three Meritorious Service Medals, three Army Commendation Medals (one with Valor), and a Valorous Unit Award. In other words, Kid Rock's American bad@ss should play every time he walks into a room. Moreover, believe it or not, West talks even better than he fights. West has been in a close race with Ron Klein and the Democrats have been playing dirty. In fact, it has gotten so bad that the Democrats even sent out a mailer with West's Social Security number "accidentally" included on it. West deserves our support. Let’s help put him into office so that he can be the "guy that’s gonna walk up...and say one simple thing to Nancy Pelosi, ‘Gimmie that D@mn gavel.’"
Burke opposes out-of-state political contributions – unless they help her campaign | Adam Tobias | 367
After film crew shot, Omaha mayor says ride-along decision left to police chief | Deena Winter | 173