* A trip to the DMV would be no more of a hassle than stopping by Wal-Mart to pick up some laundry detergent.
* The Soviet Union would have won the Cold War.
* Members of Congress would actually read and understand the bills they sign into law instead of saying things like,
What good is reading the (health care) bill if it's a thousand pages and you don't have two days and two lawyers to find out what it means after you read the bill? -- John Conyers (D-MI)
* Prominent supporters of big government like Tim Geithner, Charles Rangel, Tom Daschle, and Al Franken wouldn't have been caught cheating on the taxes required to pay for the huge government programs they advocate.
* It would be as easy to fill out your taxes as it is to apply for a credit card.
* Amtrak would be a cash cow instead of a 40 billion dollar money pit that has never recorded a profit.
* The government wouldn't have just decided that sending a manned mission to the moon, something we last did way back in 1972, now and for the foreseeable future is going to be beyond our capabilities.
* Instead of trying to figure out what to do about our massive debt, Americans would be debating whether we want to cut taxes or save all the extra tax dollars we raise in a rainy day fund.
* Government mandated price controls would work and therefore, we wouldn't have had gas lines during the seventies, California wouldn't have had blackouts, and rent control in New York would be producing some of the nation's cheapest housing.
* Having to deal with a government bureaucrat would produce a feeling of cheerful confidence that things are about to start looking up instead of a sense of dread that your afternoon is about to be wasted without getting your problem solved.
* Private schools wouldn't exist because they simply couldn't match the quality education provided by our public schools.
* Rich people would be pulling strings to get into public housing.
* After spending 10 trillion dollars plus fighting the war on poverty, the government would have already won and American society would consist almost entirely of the middle class and the rich.
Rand Paul on NSA: “I Believe What You Do on Your Cell Phone is None of Their Damn Business” | Daniel Doherty