· Daughters who feel that their dads care about them and feel connected with their dads have significantly fewer suicide attempts and fewer instances of body dissatisfaction, depression, low self-esteem, substance abuse, and unhealthy weight.
· Girls involved with dad are twice as likely to stay in school.
· A girl’s self esteem is best predicted by her dad’s loving affection.
· Girls with fathers involved in their lives have higher quantitative and verbal skills and higher intellectual functioning.
· Girls whose parents divorce or separate before they turn 21 tend to have shorter life spans by four years.
· Girls with decent dads are less likely to flaunt themselves to seek male attention.
· Fathers help daughters to be more competent, more achievement oriented, and more successful.
· Girls with involved fathers wait longer to initiate sex and have lower rates of teen pregnancy. Teen girls who live with both parents are three times less likely to lose their virginity before their sixteenth birthday.
· 76 percent of teen girls said their fathers influenced their decisions on whether they should become sexually active.
· 97 percent of girls who said they could talk to their parents had lower teen pregnancy rates.
· A daughter from a middle-class family has a fivefold lower risk of out-of-wedlock pregnancy if her father lives at home.
· Girls who live with their mothers only have significantly less ability to control their impulses, delay gratification, and have a weaker sense of right and wrong.
· Kids do better academically when their fathers establish rules and exhibit affection.
(The above bullet points were taken from Meg Meeker’s book, Your Kids at Risk: How Teen Sex Threatens Our Sons and Daughters .)
Happy Father’s Day to all the fathers out there who are living their lives in the grand masculine sense of the word. No matter what the man-hating, nerve-grating feminists yammer, you are irreplaceable in the grand family scheme of things. Therefore, stay your traditional course and watch life pay you back in spades. Salute!
Unreal: Medical Society of NY Tells Doctors to 'Follow Twitter' to Stay Informed on Ebola | Cortney O'Brien