Now, I’m not an expert on Egypt, or all things Islamic, but I can use Google. When the news feed started pouring in and the eager Egyptian “freedom fighters” started “freeing” Cairo and demanding that Mubarak get the hell out of Dodge, I heard the Muslim Brotherhood’s name get dropped on FOX News, so I opened my MacBook, went to Google, and typed in MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD to see if there was something funky about these folks.
From a prima facie standpoint, the name “Muslim Brotherhood” sounds innocent enough. I mean, they’re not named the Muslim Mother Snatchers, or the Islamic Incinerators, but rather the Muslim Brotherhood. Brotherhood sounds sweet enough, don’t it now? Who could find anything wrong with an organization whose name connotes acting with warmth and equality toward one another.
So I Googled ‘em up, and here’s what I found: First of all, their flag is kind of a disturbing amalgam of swords, a Koran and squiggly writing. I wonder what the squiggly writing says under them swords? Hmmm.
Then secondly, and more importantly, Shariah: The Threat to America (thanks to Frank Gaffney) states the following:
• “The Muslim Brotherhood was founded in Egypt in 1928. Its express purpose was two-fold: (1) to implement Sharia worldwide, and (2) to re-establish the global Islamic State (caliphate). (DG: Uh, that doesn’t sound democratic to me—especially if I were a chick, happened to be boinking my neighbor, or if I were a homosexual. Sharia, I hear, has zero democratic policy toward the aforementioned, as in, “Silence! I kill you!”)
• “Therefore, Al Qaeda and the MB have the same objectives. They differ only in the timing and tactics involved in realizing them.” (DG: Still not getting the democratic vibe.)
• “The Brotherhood’s creed is: ‘God is our objective; the Koran is our law; the Prophet is our leader; jihad is our way; and death for the sake of Allah is the highest of our aspirations.’” (DG: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot).
• “It is evident from the Creed, and from the Brotherhood’s history (and current activities) … that violence is an inherent part of the MB’s tactics. The MB is the root of the majority of Islamic terrorist groups in the world today.” (DG: The NYT never told us this.)
• “The Muslim Brotherhood is the ‘vanguard’ or tip-of-the-spear of the current Islamic Movement in the world. While there are other transnational organizations that share the MB’s goals (if not its tactics)—including al Qaeda, which was born out of the Brotherhood—the “Ikhwan” is by far the strongest and most organized. The Muslim Brotherhood is now active in over 80 countries around the world.” (DG: I wonder if they’re in America? Nah.)
Yikes. It appears the Brotherhood’s history isn’t democratic and that they put the “ick” in radical Muslim fundamentalism. When I say they’re fundamentalists, I mean that in the classic sense of the word: namely, no fun, mostly dumb, and quite mental.
I’m sure many who are stuck in Egypt want true freedom. And when I say freedom, I mean from all forms of oppression, including the worst form of subjugation: Sharia law. However, I fear those who really want freedom from Mubarak’s dictatorship are going to quickly become slaves of Sharia, via the Muslim Brotherhood, whether they like it or not. Call me judgmental, but I smell Sharia all over this thing, and I believe life is really going to begin to suck for secular Egyptians, Israel, America and the rest of the world that wants nothing to do with Islamic enslavement.
TMZ "Reporters" Call Sarah Palin a "Bad Mom" and "Dumb" After Receiving Speeding Ticket | Cortney O'Brien
Exclusive Photos: Drug Mules Easily Smuggle Narcotics Into U.S. as Border Patrol Remains Overwhelmed | Katie Pavlich