Speaking of Jesus, for a stocking stuffer get your man my WWJW power band. My “Who Would Jesus Whip?” power band reminds the believer that sometimes it's okay to get a whip and clear the punks. This wristband will keep your man from rolling up in the fetal position and wetting his big Christian diaper when he sees egregious stuff hammering the church, our families and our nation. It’s available only at ClashRadio.com.
2. David Barton’s book, Original Intent. As we watch the socialists and their magpies attempt to turn our nation into a feckless Euro-Socialistic skid mark, it is important for the Patriot to be briefed on what has made us the great American experiment. Original Intent is an essential resource for anyone interested in fighting for our nation's religious heritage and the Founders' intended role for the American judicial system. It combines hundreds of quotes from primary sources with the author's exposition on hot topics such as revisionism, judicial activism, and separation of church and state. A substantial appendix encompasses full texts of the founding documents, biographical sketches of numerous Founders, and extensive reference notes.
3. Eric Metaxas’ book, Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy. NYT best-selling author and my good buddy, Eric Metaxas, has knocked it out of the park (again) with this informative, exhortative and applicable tome about a Lutheran pastor who could not stick his head in the sand while Hitler rolled out his Mein Kamp. This book has great appeal to me because I, too, think it is a sin for a Christian, especially a minister, to hide behind his faith while cultural and political monsters ransack our lives and liberties. This book exalts the maxim that “rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God.” Read this book and then follow simple shampoo instructions: Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
4. Oliver North’s American Heroes in Special Operations. Oliver North, NYT best-selling author and combat-decorated Marine, spotlights in this amazing book the world of shadow warriors, introducing readers to the brave, noble work of Navy Seals, Rangers, and Green Berets in American Heroes in Special Operations. From the sands of Iraq to the mountains of the Hindu Kush, North relays insider stories and full-color photographs that depict soul-stirring missions, hidden victories, and desperate fights against impossible odds. Yet for these faithful, inspiring patriots, it's “all in a day's work.” No wimpy, “America Sucks,” Bradley Manning, WikiLeak, or Lady Gaga gunk here, ladies and gents.
A painting: I hate to make another shameless plug here, folks, but my painting of the most beautiful antelope of the African plains, namely the sable, would make a glorious gift. Aside from the God-kissed beauty of this beast, another cool fact about the sable antelope is that when they are threatened by a predator, including lions, they will confront it, using their scimitar-shaped horns. This painting would make a great living room, man cave, and office or trophy room addition for the dude on your list. The original has been sold, but you can purchase a giclee canvas print, stretched, glazed and signed at my online gallery at DougGilesArt.com.
1. Cigars: La Gloria Cubana Serie R Belicoso. I believe it was Winston Churchill who said, “If you’re going to smoke a cigar, make it a long and strong one.” The Serie R fits that bill. Renowned for its big ring gauges and full-flavored taste profile, La Gloria Cubana Serie R Belicoso is one of El Credito’s best-selling smokes. As far as I’m concerned, this cigar’s superb flavor and construction captures a place in the Smoker’s Hall of Fame with tenured aficionados who know what they’re doing.
2. Johnny Walker Blue Label: Johnnie Walker Blue Label is the pinnacle whisky of the Striding Man Society®. It is the epitome of blending. Formulated to reflect the style of whiskies in the early 19th century, it’s created using some of their rarest casks from the Johnnie Walker stocks, the largest in the world. The character of Blue Label is truly unique; it is complex, powerful, incredibly smooth and retains the Johnnie Walker signature smokiness.
Merry Christmas, gentlemen!
House Republican: If Tahmooressi Isn’t Released, Mexico Will No Longer Be Treated as our Friend | Amanda Muñoz