• The likelihood that daughters engage in premarital sex, drug use, and alcohol plummets when their dads are involved in their lives.
• Girls with doting fathers are more assertive.
• Daughters who feel that their dads care about them and feel connected with their dads have significantly fewer suicide attempts and fewer instances of body dissatisfaction, depression, low self-esteem, substance abuse, and unhealthy weight.
• Girls involved with dad are twice as likely to stay in school.
• A girl’s self-esteem is best predicted by her dad’s loving affection.
• Girls with a dad or male father figure feel more protected, have higher self-esteem, are more likely to attempt college, and are less likely to drop out of college.
• Girls with fathers involved in their lives have higher quantitative and verbal skills and higher intellectual functioning.
• Girls whose parents divorce or separate before they turn twenty-one tend to have shorter life spans by four years.
• Girls with decent dads are less likely to flaunt themselves to seek male attention.
• Fathers help daughters to be more competent, more achievement-oriented, and more successful.
• Girls with involved fathers wait longer to initiate sex and have lower rates of teen pregnancy. Teen girls who live with both parents are three times less likely to lose their virginity before their sixteenth birthday.
• 76 percent of teen girls said their fathers influenced their decisions on whether they should become sexually active.
• 97 percent of girls who said they could talk to their parents had lower teen pregnancy rates.
• A daughter from a middle-class family has a fivefold lower risk of out-of-wedlock pregnancy if her father lives at home.
• Girls who live with their mothers only have significantly less ability to control their impulses, delay gratification, and have a weaker sense of right and wrong.
• Kids do better academically when their fathers establish rules and exhibit affection.
In others words, dads sorta do make an insanely positive difference, as MM’s research shows; matter of fact, I believe the above list is the kind of stuff Jennifer has enjoyed in life via the fertile foundation of having the affection of Papa Aniston in the house. Jenny, the product of a decent dad, however, ignores reality and goes rogue, giving idiotic advice to her ogling fan base that actually takes notes while she speaks.
FYI to all the girls who’re about to intentionally do the single parenting thing: I hope you have a crap load of cash stashed, a Michelle Obama-sized entourage, and a few good men who do not mind derailing their lives to help you take care of your child because that’s the base from which Aniston finds her confidence that she can do this whole mother thang.
Yes, Aniston can say this asinine anti-dad smack because she brings in several million dollars per picture. She also has a slew of sycophants and the ability to farm out any kid needs to top-notch nannies if she ever chooses to spawn via the turkey baster. But her fans who drop chicken tenders at Mickey D’s or are busting their asses working sixty hours a week at Macy’s perfume counter, well, they don’t have Aniston’s assets—and therein lies the rub. Matter of fact (again), being a single mom is a surefire way to be and remain broke, ladies, and yet JA encourages you lasses to do it. What a ditz.
If you’d like to read my thoughts on the importance of dads (in their daughters’ lives, in particular) you must download my PDF book, How to Keep Jackasses Away From Daddy’s Girl. It’s a redneck’s guide to raising righteous and rowdy ladies. Click here.
Poll: Americans Want Congress to 'Fix' Obamacare Flaw if SCOTUS Sides with Conservatives | Guy Benson