- Prohibit the use of traditional lead bullets and shot for all hunting;
- Prohibit urban and suburban archery deer hunting programs;
- Prohibit bear hunting in a number of states including New Jersey, Colorado and Alaska;
- Replace traditional hunting as a wildlife management tool, with expensive and unproven contraception programs;
- Retain Sunday hunting bans in states like Pennsylvania, Virginia and West Virginia;
- Ban the hunting of doves, the most widely hunted game bird in America; and
- Ensure that emotion, not science, dictates wildlife management practices
In addition to its anti-hunting efforts in the public policy realm, HSUS uses its enormous financial resources to regularly file lawsuits to stop hunting and the scientific wildlife management practices that recognize hunting as an essential tool. A recent example of this came when HSUS filed lawsuits that successfully closed millions of acres of wildlife refuges to hunting. This is despite the fact that Congress has determined that hunting is one of the traditional activities that should specifically be encouraged in refuges.”
Y’know, there’s a bazillion reasons, give or take, why I don’t like the Jobama ticket and a few reasons why I don’t like McCain. But as a long time hunter and fisherman, I have to say that a politician who’s in the tank with and receives cash from anti-hunters and is presumably expected to give them a big back scratch if elected is officially on my pro-hunting/pro-gun kiss my backside stink list. And . . . drum roll please . . . this time around, that would be Barack Obama. Yep, McCain gets my McNod.
And lastly to all the sportsmen and gun owners who still get giddy about Barack, you need to drink a café Cubana and wake the “H” up. Take a long, hard look at his true voting record and his anti-hunting buddies who think the world of him and then ask yourself, “self, are you insane?!?”
I’ve got to run now and finish prepping for my aoudad sheep, pronghorn antelope and wild boar hunt this week on my good buddy Bob’s 18,000 acre ranch in the wilds of West Texas. We will dedicate the harvesting of all the mature trophy animals to the Humane Society, PETA and their bent frame followers.
Additionally, we will toast these morons as we eat our prey’s backstraps under the big sky and donate the rest of the juicy meat to charity so that others, who currently can’t hunt (yet), can enjoy the high protein, low fat spoils of our sport.
God bless the hunter and hunting, and I hope to see all my pro-hunting and pro-gun brothers and sisters turn out in record numbers at the polls November 4th for McCain and Palin. Vote your gun, boys and girls, you might need it one day—and not just for venison.