• 17 percent of rape or sexual assault victims being victimized by someone they knew
• One murder occurring every 34 minutes
How do I know it was God who spawned this afflatus? It’s was easy for me to know it was Him because every time He speaks to me (and it’s quite often), it’s always in a high-pitched, angry Chinese accent.
In addition to God birthing this vision within me, another factor gave rise to this would-be dream world of mine: I just realized that protective fathers, brothers, friends and bad-ass uncles aren’t omnipresent (I know . . . I’m slow. I went to public school), and therefore all girls everywhere have to rely upon themselves as their first line of defense.
Yes, since their gallant male counterparts can’t be everywhere at all times to render aid, we’ve got make certain that our babies know how to leave a bad guy severely inoperative and, if need be, kill them all by their lonesome. That is my definition of “girl power.” This is my dream: all girls of every conceivable stripe having the attitude, skill, and force to pulverize a felonious punk.
I’d like see the following:
• One million girls flooding into martial art classes
• One million girls getting handgun training
• One million girls purchasing their own piece and getting licensed to carry it
• One million girls getting a taser for the less egregious attacks (www.shieldher.com)
• One million girls getting a heavy dose of common sense to avoid, as much as possible, dangerous scenarios
This concludes my heavenly vision.
*Not only do I have a dream, I’m writing a book on the topic “How to Keep Thugs and Bad Boys away from Daddy’s Little Girl” (Thomas Nelson, Nov. 2008).