So, to assist my readers in assessing what condition their condition is in, I have prepared The Pit Bull and Poodle Test to help us judge and adjust our attitudes. So if last year sucked because we were acting like poodles, this next year won?t because we will have taken on a Pit Bull Attitude. Are you ready for this?
Pit Bull Test
1. Do you have a definite purpose backed up by a burning desire to see it fulfilled?
2. Are you continuously in action working on your plan?
3. Is your mind closed towards all negative and discouraging influences from foes, ?friends,? dysfunctional parents, music, books, tapes, T.V. etc?
4. Do you hang out with people who are greater than you in what they have accomplished and who utterly challenge you to excellence?
5. Are you self-reliant and independent?
6. Do you take responsibility for your life, both failures and successes?
7. Do you hate it when you waste time?
8. Do you look at life as a game to be played and played like a champion?
9. Have you become impervious to the criticisms of pusillanimous men and women?
10. Do you boldly face your fears with faith and move towards your goals?
1. Do you often complain about your life?
2. Do you avoid association with people who have accomplished more than you?
3. Does your life seem futile and your future hopeless?
4. Do you often feel self-pity?
5. Are you envious of those who excel you?
6. Do you worry a lot?
7. Are you overly cautious and negative?
8. Are you indifferent and lacking in ambition and enthusiasm?
9. Do you constantly use excuses and alibis to explain why you haven?t accomplished anything?
10. Do you often fantasize about lying on the front passenger seat of a Cadillac with a pink ribbon in your hair with your favorite chew toy?
Now, tally up the checks that were applicable to you in each category. Which one had the majority? If you checked more in the Pit Bull category, then congrats! I?ll see you at the top of the mountain next year.
If most of the checks fell to the Poodle side, and you want to get out of your poodle-funk then hold on to your lug nuts?it?s time for an overhaul. You can change. Being a Pit Bull is not about chance?it is about a choice.
You?re transformation from being a little Fi-Fi is going to be difficult; however, the life you?re about to experience is way better then the stuff you?re about to leave behind.
You?ll find, Ms. Poodle, as you begin the transformation into a pit bull that you are no longer timid, mousy or backward looking. Instead, you?re audacious and courageous and not afraid to confront obstacles that hold you back from what you want from life.
Have a Pit Bull New Year!