As a proud gun owner and hunter of everything from Texas whitetails to South African wildebeests, to me, Kerry?s anti-gun voting history and his anti-hunting backers are more scary than the 256-pound charging wild boar I shot at a mere ten feet.
In addition to the mondo problems I have with Kerry?s uberliberal senatorial voting record, his DD augmented recollections of his tour of duty in Vietnam, his ?let?s appease the terrorists? plan, his undulating Euro-booty kissing, another big reason I am decisively blowing Kerry off is because I prize the time I get to spend shooting, hunting and gun collecting. Kerry and his supporting cast want to tread on my pursuit of cordite happiness and I don?t like it.
Gun owners and hunters, don?t let Kerry fool you with his ?I?m a gun owner and hunter and I respect the Second Amendment? bovine scatology. Kerry is about as pro-gun and pro-hunting as I am pro-Dixie Chicks, Michael Jackson, Cat Stevens and Hans Blix. Have you seen any video or stills of Kerry handling a gun? He looks about as knowledgeable, natural and comfortable with a firearm as Al Gore does trying to French kiss Tipper.
And what about Kerry?s comments on deer and dove hunting? Regarding deer hunting, Kerry said, ?I go out with my trusty 12 gauge double barrel. I crawl around on my stomach. I track and I move and decoy and play games and try to outsmart them. You know, kind of play the wind. That?s hunting,? (Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, July 4th, 2004.)
Come on, deer hunters, you know this guy is trying to sell uncut China white smack to the brain-softened public. Who? ? who? ... hunts deer like that? First of all ? very few hunters use a double barrel twelve gauge to hunt deer, and I guarantee Kerry?s not one of them. Secondly, when Kerry talks about crawling on his belly, playing the wind, decoying and trying to out smart them ? I think he is confusing what he?s done to voters during his campaign with viable tactics used for deer hunting. Please, Kerry, toss us some intellectual respect. Who do you think we are ? Teresa Heinz? And while you?re at it, Senator, I, for one, need photographic, eye-witnessed and filled-deer-tag proof from you, Johnny Boy, before I will your take your tips on deer hunting.
Then we have JFK on dove hunting. Check it out: ?you clean them, let them hang ? you might eat it at a picnic, cold roasted,? (Washington Post, June 1, 2003.) Let them hang? Might eat it at a picnic cold roasted? Since when did dove meat turn into pemmican or biltong that you hang in the sun before you eat it? You let a dove breast hang out in the sun and you will not be eating it at a picnic.
No doubt my liberal reflexively irate critics will think I?m making much ado about nothing. However, for a Texas redneck like me, it is just another example of Kerry selling crapola in his Bostonian attempt to fool the television eye-glazed zombie-like sheeple into voting for his concaved glutes two weeks from now.
Like everything else with Kerry one has to go to the record to see who he is and what he will more than likely do if ? God forbid ? he gets into the Whitehouse. So ? here we go ? to the record.
· Kerry voted in 2004 to ban most center-fire rifle ammunition, including the most common rounds used by deer hunters, siding with Ted Kennedy, and said in a CNN interview, "I think you ought to tax all ammunition more, personally, I think you ought to tax guns." ("Late Edition," Nov. 7, 1993);
· Kerry cast numerous votes to ban guns, and currently is a co-sponsor of S. 1431, which would ban all semi-automatic shotguns, all semi-automatic rifles with detachable magazines, and many other guns commonly used by sportsmen;
· Kerry voted to effectively shut down gun shows in America; voted to hold firearm manufacturers responsible for the acts of criminals; and voted 11 times to impose waiting periods on law-abiding gun buyers;
· Kerry has a 100% voting record with, and earned the endorsement of the Brady Campaign (Formerly Handgun Control, Inc.)?a group that says you have no right to own any gun. And, he repeatedly earns the support of PETA and the Humane Society of the United States?groups who openly want to ban all hunting in America.
President Bush, on the other hand, has:
· The Bush Administration stated "that the text and original intent of the Second Amendment clearly protect the right of individuals to keep and bear firearms," reversing the Clinton Administration position that the Second Amendment only applies to state militias;
· President Bush sent representatives to the United Nations with a clear message: we will not allow the UN to impose international regulations that would violate the Second Amendment and infringe on our sovereignty;
· George W. Bush respects America's sporting and hunting heritage. His administration signed an agreement with 17 major sportsmen's organizations to improve hunting and fishing access to Federal lands, and initiated a conservation agenda to protect millions of acres of forest, wetlands, and grasslands for future generations of hunters;
· As President, he gave money to prosecute federal gun crimes through Project Safe Neighborhoods and signed a national Right-to-Carry law for law enforcement officers;
· President Bush knows that holding the American firearm industry responsible for the acts of criminals is wrong. That's why he supported the "Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act," to prevent reckless lawsuits against lawful American businesses. (Source : www.nrapvf.com; 10/13/04)
Gun owners and hunters, this is not an election that you can blow off.
My ClashPoint is this: Kerry is the biggest anti-gun-presidential-wannabe in our nation?s history. Period. Kerry has voted against gun owners 50-plus times in the U.S. Senate and he is Playmate of the Year for PETA and the Humane Society, two of the most rabid anti-hunting organizations in America. Don?t let Kerry?s shotgun-wielding photo ops or Edwards?s ?We?re pro-gun? blather blind you from their past voting record and future designs.
Also, check out Doug's political CARTOONS!