· Madonna for her Sex book. Gag. Can you say, ?Pass the penicillin please??
· The ?heroic? who fought so bravely to save the Southern Louisiana swamp rat, the Oregon slug and the translucent eight-legged California head lice, and fought even harder to allow pregnant women to kill the babies growing in their wombs.
· The ?sacrificial? screen writers who put their reputations on the secular altar by daring to put to celluloid their anti-God, anti-American, anti-Constitution and anti-heterosexual sentiments. Bravo! Bravo! You brave ones, you. Vladimir Lenin, John Lennon and the inevitable Yoko Ono would be proud of you.
· The ?stalwart,? effeminate haute couture designers who valiantly paraded their unisexual wares in predominantly heterosexual stores.
These were postmodern, paltry American heroes ... until 9/11 collided with this anti-sanity, anti-decency, pusillanimous party like Pat Tillman would crash a pro-Al Qaeda rally.
September 11, 2001 changed things ? big, BIG time.
There?s been a totemic shift in what our nation exalts since the terrorist attacks of 9/11. Following that epochal event and our successful strikes in Afghanistan and Iraq, bravery and courage--for things that are consequential--are back on the map.
Think about it. In the last three years, our country has exhibited:
· A deep surge in unabashed patriotic Americanism;
· Our flag flying high and proud;
· Leaders who actually lead instead of being pulled by the polls;
· A clear distinction between good and evil;
· Political correctness (finally) beginning to go down the crapper;
· 18-20 year olds joyfully joining, by the hundreds of thousands to defend America?s and every nation?s right to freedom ... Ooo-Rah!
· Good music, uplifting TV and movies, decent men and women and worthy vocations receiving the honor that?s due them;
· A solid return to traditional faith and its influence in the public square;
· The Second Amendment, the right (necessity?) to bear arms, lauded and protected;
· Less face time for Cher, Sean Penn, Susan Sarandon, Janeane Garafalo, the Dixie Chicks and Hans Blix!
My ClashPoint is this: The greatest commodity our nation has is the original spirit of our Nation?s framers. The greatest threat to our nation doesn?t come so much from Iraq or Iran or North Korea; it doesn?t come from Al Qaeda, Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad and their terrorist freak posses. No, the ultimate threat is from those of our fellow citizens who would seek to separate the hardy, righteous, and sacrificial spirit of our forefathers from the heart of this generation. Because it is that courage, commitment and energy that will securely propel our country forward in victorious righteousness ? the true blessing of any nation.