The Associated Press is reporting that Ali Harzi, a 26 year old Tunisian linked to the assassination attack in Benghazi, Libya that resulted in the death of U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans, has been released "due to lack of evidence." After the attacks Obama said, "My biggest priority is bringing those folks (the terrorists) to justice and I think the American people have seen that's a commitment I'll always keep."
In 2005, Ali Harzi and a brother were sentenced to 30 months in prison. Another brother fought against U.S. led coalition forces in Iraq. Their father acknowledged in an interview that he had encouraged his sons to take up "jihad in the cause of God."
Despite video showing faces of the attackers, "most suspects remained free" and witnesses have yet to be questioned, according to the AP.
In a separate report, Reuters noted the same lack of progress in the investigation, citing "no real desire to dig too deep (by Libyan officials) for fear of setting off reprisals" from the Islamic militias. Even the commander overseeing the security reaction on the night of the attacks had yet to even be questioned as of late last month. FBI agents sent to Benghazi in October to investigate retreated to Tripoli "because of security concerns" according to Reuters, and simply "put out a poster asking for information."
Ahmed Abu Khattala, about whom "witnesses have said they saw him directing other fighters" during the Benghazi attack reportedly is walking the streets with impunity. Abu Khattala is said to be the leader of a wing of Ansar al-Sharia, the al-Qaeda linked group said to be responsible for the 9/11/2012 assault.
Clinton Foundation: Oh, We Made Additional $12-26 Million From Speeches Given By the Former First Family | Matt Vespa
Friday Document Dump: State Department Releases First Round of Clinton Emails (All 298 Of Them) | Katie Pavlich