The perseverance of Thomas Edison, as he tried scores of materials before finally trying tungsten as the filament of the light bulb he was inventing; the dedication of Abraham Lincoln as he studied law on his own while struggling to make a living -- these were...
If government is the only reason entrepreneurs have achieved their success, then how come the remaining populace, containing scads of entrepreneur wannabes, who also had equal access to this magical government, mostly won't ever achieve this same success? The answer: The "secret ingredient" of success doesn't come from government, it comes from the sweat, the capital at risk, the persistence and the vision that an entrepreneur brings to the table. Isn't it ironic, then, that our present government, far from guaranteeing entrepreneurs their success, seems to do all in its power to clear that table by over-taxing, over-regulating and otherwise discouraging and disparaging the achievements of the American entrepreneur today?
There was a time, within living memory, when the achievements of others were not only admired but were often taken as an inspiration for imitation of the same qualities that had served these achievers well, even if we were not in the same field of endeavor and were not expecting to achieve on the same scale.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 9 hours ago