The American people face an important choice in November. They will either re-elect President Barack Obama for another four-year term, or they will replace him with Governor Mitt Romney. Rather than recapitulate the case against a second term for the incumbent, let's scrutinize eight of the top prevailing arguments against electing his Republican challenger. Each of the following anti-Romney indictments has been advanced -- explicitly, or through surrogates -- by the president's campaign and the Democratic Party. Below you'll find my sincere attempt to address these criticisms in a balanced and honest way, even as I openly...
In response to:
"Paul Ryan's budget relies on the same $700 billion in savings from Medicare that Mitt Romney and other Republicans have been attacking Democrats about." The big difference: Obama takes that money and uses it to partially fund another gargantuan government program specifically designed to drive this nation further into debt. In other words, Obama makes the situation worse. The Ryan Plan calls for that $700 billion to not be spent, but saved to shore up Medicare for future generations. Which do YOU think is the better choice?
- “Gas the Jews”: Supporters of Hamas run riot in French city, smash Jewish shops Allahpundit 35 minutes ago
- Investigation reveals Obamacare is a fraudster’s dream come true Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Ukraine rebel leader: Yeah, we had a BUK system — and sent it back to Russia Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Did Cuomo obstruct his own anti-corruption crusade? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Planned Parenthood teen sex education: You could get tied to a tree … Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Paul Ryan, 2016? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago