Help Desk Specialist - Townhall Media
Townhall Media has become the nation’s leading destination for politically active citizens and opinion leaders looking for conservative news, commentary and analysis. Our growing network of conservative political web properties includes Townhall.com, HotAir.com, Twitchy.com, Redstate.com, BearingArms.com and Humanevents.com. With more than 4 million unique visitors every month, our audience consists of highly educated, affluent, and politically active citizens who rely on Townhall Media to keep them informed about current affairs, policy, politics and breaking news.
Currently, Townhall Media is looking for a skilled Help Desk Specialist. The Help Desk Specialist will be responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problem, and determines and implements solution.
Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
2+ years of experience in related fields
Great customer relation skills
Experience supporting hardware, software and desktop applications (e.g., Windows Server, Windows XP-8.1, Mac OSX)
Strong verbal and written skills
Competitive benefits package, including health, vision, dental, and 401(k)
Interested parties please email résumés and a cover letter to Townhalljobs@townhall.com.
Townhall Media is an equal opportunity employer.
Ad Operations Assistant
Townhall Media has become the nation’s leading destination for politically active citizens and opinion leaders looking for conservative news, commentary and analysis. We reach an audience of more than 16 million unique visitors and our growing network of web properties includes Townhall.com, HotAir.com, Twitchy.com, Redstate.com, Bearingarms.com, and Humanevents.com.
Townhall Media is looking for an entry-level Advertising Operations Assistant to join its Arlington, VA, office. The Ad Operations Assistant will assist the growing Ad Ops and Sales teams to ensure the delivery of digital advertising campaigns. The position is entry level and will offer on the job training. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in digital advertising and a tech savvy background in web design, marketing, business, or similar.
- Managing schedule of ad deliveries and providing updates on inventory sell-through
- Coordinating the set up and delivery of email advertising/newsletters
- Trafficking display advertising on our web properties using Google's DFP Ad server
- Providing analytical reporting to the Ad Ops and Sales teams
- Maintaining and updating CRM/Sales database system
- Ability to handle a variety of other requests as necessary
- Will report to Ad Ops Management
- BA/BS in related field or equivalent experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Basic HTML knowledge or ability to learn
- Must be tech savvy and proficient with internet technologies
- Calm and patient demeanor in a fast paced environment
- Familiarity with ad servers, bulk-email servers, or email design a plus
Salary plus benefits package, including health, vision, dental, and 401(k)
Interested parties please email:
Director of Advertising Sales
Townhall Media Internship Opportunity - Graphic Design Intern
Townhall Media is seeking an energetic graphic design intern! This position will begin in September, 2013.
Since 1995, Townhall Media is the most trusted brand in conservative, political commentary, news and analysis. For over 16 years we have reported, analyzed and commented on election campaigns, political and cultural news and foreign affairs. Our properties consist of Townhall.com, HotAir.com, FreedomCards.com, TownhallFinance.com and Townhall Magazine. Combined, the network represents four million unique readers and eighty million page views each month.
If interested, please send a cover letter and your resume to Townhalljobs@townhall.com
Editorial Internship Announcement: Townhall Magazine/Townhall.com/HotAir.com, the leading online source for conservative news, opinion and current events, is looking for an energetic, motivated self-starter to join the Editorial Team as Editorial Intern.
Past interns of Townhall.com have been hired at the White House, Newt Gingrich Communications, the Republican National Committee, The Heritage Foundation, the Charles G. Koch Charitable Foundation, and most recently, at Regnery Publishing. We have many past interns that have gone on to work for various Congressmen.
Editorial Intern Responsibilities:
• Copy editing and publishing commentary and podcast content to the Townhall web site
• Monitoring reader blog community and responding to reader feedback
• Assisting in research and fact-checking for news stories
• Writing and publishing to a personal Townhall.com blog
• Assigned copy writing on Townhall.com and potential ghost writing of articles and commentaries
• Assist in planning and production of video content
• Assisting with other projects necessary to the production of Townhall.com
• Experience writing for college newspaper or blog
• Interest in politics
• Self-described conservative
• Hard working and diligent
• Self-starter, able to work alone and as a team
Internships are for approximately 3-4 months.
TO APPLY: Please submit resume, writing sample and a brief letter of interest and availability to: Townhalljobs@townhall.com
*We accept applications on a rolling basis. Please include the title of the position you are applying for in your Subject Line of your e-mail and please specify when you would like to/can start the internship.*
Other resources for job seekers and employers: